Ohio-Columbus

I need a photographer!!!!

Okay ladies I wil getting married at Longaberger Golf CLub next year and I am not from the area my fiance is grew uo close to the area so I am looking for a great FUN photographer. THere are so many choices in the Columbus area I do not know where to begin and of course all the internet sites make the pictures look awesome. So I need some honest opinions who is the best????

Re: I need a photographer!!!!

• edited December 2011
    We met Jeremy Kester and his wife at a bridal expo this year and immediately booked him for our wedding next year. He is super energetic and fun (he has a faux-hawk!) and young. We thought his photography was different than your typical wedding photos. So far, he's been really responsive and even accomodated a change in date for our wedding. The company is called Kester Imagery and the website is http://kesterimagery.showitsite.com/

He posts some photos from his wedding shoots on his facebook page (under Kester Imagery) and it's a good place to see a sample of his style. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Benjamin Derkin!! Www.derksworks.com :) he is sooo down to earth, young, fun, and his photos are fabulous. A genuinely nice person, and he stays at your wedding the whole day. Obviously I am not married yet, but he said he would get there as early and stay as late as we want. We just did our engagement session with him a month ago and it was really fun. He is a very artsy photographer so his images are very unique. Photos was the one thing I was willing to splurge on, and I am so thankful we found Ben :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I love and wholeheartedly recommend Kelly Maughan. We're doing e-pics with her this weekend and I CANT WAIT! She's awesome and way underpriced for her talent level.

• edited December 2011
    We are using Stephanie Barnes Photography. She has a great deal going on where if you use a referal  (my name) she gives $25 credit for prints for you and me.

She did my engagement pics which are in a previous post.

GL! And, be wary of the people who call themselves photographers that don't either have a TON of experience or didn't go to school. 
    Also, ask us about them when you find them, odds are, someone has interacted or worked with them.
  • edited December 2011
    We are using Hunter Photographic...he's from Cleveland but is originally from the Columbus area so he'll travel down here. He has 3 packages which I think are affordable for everything they offer. I highly recommend him. He's a super down to earth guy and takes amazing photos! If you talk to him, tell him Jess & Dan sent you. =)
    www.hunterphotographic.com
  • edited December 2011
    We're going with Stacy Krupinski from Basby Photography.  He's located in Columbus, does nice work, and he's flexible with pricing.  http://www.basbyphotography.com or http://stacyk.smugmug.com to view all of his galleries.  
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • jnkreagerjnkreager member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my boudoirs done with Ashley West did my boudoirs and is so much fun!  She just graduated from photography school and her work is beautiful! 
    http://www.ashleywestphotography.com or you can check her out on facebook.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    We're using Azar Photography. Andriy is the main photographer and he takes beautiful pictures. His prices are the best I found for the quality and value too. Good luck!
  • snsprenklesnsprenkle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Curtis Wallis Photography.  Curtis just took our engagement photos and they turned out great! He's open to anything and just wants you to be comfortable and to have fun.  Also, he is very reasonably priced which is a HUGE plus :)
  • AOpalenikAOpalenik member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Britt Lakin Photography.  She is AMAZING to work with.  We just had our engagement pictures taken and it was a fabulous experience.  I can't wait to work with her for our wedding. 
  • AjoydAjoyd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can I ask your budget? There are a TON of photographers who do really great work, but they can also be very expensive.

I am using Lindsey Scholz. I am very excited to work with her and her pricing is very reasonable. I think she has a fun personality and really seems to care about the details of my wedding. That means a lot to me since so much thought and consideration goes into all of it and it makes me feel like she will do a great job capturing the spirit of the day.
    Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 since September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. photo 455d4bc3-3623-4c16-8dd1-1fbc7e99e147.jpg BabyFruit Ticker My BFP Chart
  • edited December 2011
    We are using The Rendvzous Photo, owned by Trevor Loken. He is a friend from high school and I love his pictures!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I second using AZAR Photography. His prices are budget friendly ($1650 for the basic package which is all we are getting) but his work is outstanding!!!!! I almost cried when I looked at his portfolio when we met him- it was awesome. And for someone who had mostly been crying tears of frustration with wedding planning, it was a nice change to be REALLY excited about a vendor.

What I love about his pictures are how genuine and happy the subjects are, it doesn't look like anyone is forced into obnoxious poses and are tired of smiling, every picture looks great.

http://www.azarphotography.com/

----------------------------------------------

Also, I met with Christy Gibson. Also budget friendly (less than $2000 for a good package) and she was VERY personable, seems a little more like the "Fun" type you are looking for, and she said she loves a couple that is willing to get goofy and try interesting shots and have a good time. As comparison, Andriy from AZAR is very quiet.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • BCsGalBCsGal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Kelly Maughan and could not have been more thrilled! I have pictures of her work and a review in my bio.
    Christina & Brandon - August 7, 2010 Anniversary
    My Planning Bio | My Married Bio | FOR SALE!
  • edited December 2011
    We are using picture perfect potraits out of Delaware area. They are around 1000 dollars for all day and 2 photographers, we got the video as well and it is 600 for 2 video people. They did my sisters senior pictures and they turned out great! They are very budget friendly and nice people! And her pictures are great, and he definitely sold me on the video. 
  • edited December 2011
    Steve Poland with New Image Studios. Very reasonably priced. I was a little hesitant because he was our first vendor we locked in and it was back in January. But we just had our e-pics last week and I can't wait to see them. He listened to our likes/dislikes and used the feedback constructively. So regardless of who you choose, be vocal about your expectations!
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance and I are using Picture Perfect Portraits as well.  I definitely recommend them, they have been great to worth with so far!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm also using Azar!  I love what we looked at of his.  He was very nice and I'm very excited.  Second choice was Rendezvous Photo, Trevor has great work also. 
  • dorian430dorian430 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Christy Gibson, Gibson Photographics, and she is AMAZING!  It is the one decision that my Fiance and I totally feel confident about!  We just had our engagement pictures with her and it was sooooo much fun!

• edited December 2011

we used Kaliedo Studio, but if they are not free Photoscuro and Martin Digital are both great and have good prices. All 3 well worth looking at.

• edited December 2011
    we are using caitlin renner. she is GREAT and very reasonable in price (she will stay with you the entire day and nothing is over $1200)--at least for us it wasn't. her site is 'througharosecoloredlens' Definatly check her out! Well worth the price :)
  • edited December 2011
    jessica love photography is who we're going with.

jessica@jessicalovephotography.com

she's sweet, her husband is goofy and makes you feel like you've known them forever. Oh, and all images, and 8 hours of coverage for $1850.

ANNNND if you tell her I referred you, I get a free shoot :)
  • stmcmahanstmcmahan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using DM Studio2 Photographers, loved their work and they are reasonably priced too! We get an e-session w/ CD and then an album and CD of all images with the package we bought. www.dmstudio2.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards