Jewish Weddings
Options

Mazel Tov song

So after my fiance breaks the glass at the end of our ceremony he wants us to have that Mazel Tov song play... needless to say I cannot stand that song. Did any one use a different song at this time?
First Baby image BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Mazel Tov song

• Options
    edited December 2011

play whatever you want.  but you can't stand that song? it's not a top 40 hit-it's traditional klezmer :)

• Options
    tenofcups4metenofcups4me member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Seems to me that's usually when the recessional starts. I don't remember hearing that song at all during a ceremony (most of the weddings I attend are reform or interfaith so I don't know if that makes a difference).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    what's the mazel tov song?  are you talking about when people sing "mazal tov v'siman tov..."  that one?  you may not have a choice about it. if the majority of your guests are jewish, they may just break out into song regardless of what you have planned.

if that's the one you're talking about, i honestly don't think i've ever heard any recordings of it.  people just tend to sing it.

we didn't have music at that time.  but then, we didn't have an organized recessional.  sounds like you will be.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our guests started singing it immediately following th breaking of the glass. Once they started, the band played with them. Even if I wanted another song (which I didn't) it wouldn't have mattered, my guests had it their way.
  • Options
    rlurierlurie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    one option is to have the band play Od Yishama. It is a very upbeat wedding song often used as a ressional. But as others have said if you have jewish guests they may just start singing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards