Registry and Gift Forum

Re: .

• Why are you throwing her a shower if she's not registered? Did she agree to when you suggested it and just now told you she didn't have a registry?

If it's still a go I would try to A). get her register somewhere quick or B). throw a theme shower for the things she needs or wants or you would think she'd like, like a recipe shower or wine tasing shower or a honeymoon shower.
  • cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2010
    I didn't register anywhere and had a shower with about 25 guests.  Everything was fine.  I promise this isn't a big deal.  Ask the bride for some direction so that you can maybe give some guidance to those that inquire.  We told people that since we were moving from an apartment to a house that we needed house-y things such as a hose, gardening supplies, rakes, tools, grill utensils, etc. and let people choose from things like that.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Showers have been around much longer than registries have, so it's not that crazy.  I think the theme idea is a good one.
    Married 10/2/10
  • My friend had a bridal shower and didn't regsiter anywhere. She received mostly gift cards, money and a few blenders and irons....
  • In my experience people don't register when they would prefer money - this was a big argument with my mom because my FI and I have been together for 4 1/2 years living together for 3 of those - we don't need anything and the things we do need are big ticket items like couches and dining room furniture. I eventually just registered to appease her. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_registering-gifts_not-registering-but-having-shower?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:34Discussion:b2c0b2e0-1e98-482a-8736-62ef33a45bcfPost:895df868-058d-4cc6-bdee-a5ba70492ec5">Re: Not registering but having a shower??</a>:
    [QUOTE]In my experience people don't register when they would prefer money - this was a big argument with my mom because my FI and I have been together for 4 1/2 years living together for 3 of those - we don't need anything and the things we do need are big ticket items like couches and dining room furniture. I eventually just registered to appease her. 
    Posted by jillross[/QUOTE]

Which is fine, but the POINT of a shower is bringing a physical gift, not money.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards