South Carolina
Options

Hilton Head Island October 2011 Venues Needed

Hello all!  I need some help!  I am looking for private residences and/or historic sites on the island to host the ceremony and reception.  We are looking for oceanfront properties or at least somewhere that we can have the ceremony on the beach and the reception nearby w/o major transportation hassles.  We are looking for something that is NOT at a resort/golf course or country club.  Please help I welcome any and all vendor reviews and ideas.  Thanks so much!  

Re: Hilton Head Island October 2011 Venues Needed

• Options
    kcpisanokcpisano member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hi!! i am getting married oct 9th at port royal golf club. we are using Flowers by Sue..Sue is great to work with and lays it on the line that day you meet with her..she is geat and very affordable...family friends live on the island and highly recommended her. We are also using Sheri's Edible Designs for our cake....AMAZING!!! cant say enough about her cakes...we did a tasting and we were blown away. Signe is also amazing...
    What else do you need??
    We met with scott moody for photography and is so personable and reasonable however we ended up with mira photography..it was such a tough choice!!

let me know if u need anything else :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Palmetto Dunes on September 24th- I am using Michael Moss for my photographer and he is AMAZING! We rented an awesome 6 bedroom beach house that sleeps 20 right on the beach through Island Getaways. They have a lot of residences in the Palmetto Dunes area. I'd check with them. 

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Palmetto Dunes on September 24th- I am using Michael Moss for my photographer and he is AMAZING! We rented an awesome 6 bedroom beach house that sleeps 20 right on the beach through Island Getaways. They have a lot of residences in the Palmetto Dunes area. I'd check with them. 

Good luck!
  • Options
    ocello2teagueocello2teague member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    try these:

Palmetto Bluff
    Spring Island
    Honey Horn Plantation
    Beaufort Inn
    Rhett House
    Main Street Inn
    For beach proberty call the Vacation Company ask for Shawn, then ask for beach house that has a yard/space for party, but i wouldnt recomend beach/beach house wedding in hhi unless it was early because they have a noise ordinace rule and the cops WILL show up....

Photographer
    Amy Aragon At Aragon Photography
    Erin Sage Photography
    Melissa Skidmore at Skidmore photography

DJ
    DJ Marino-- BEST dj ive worked with
    Joe Duravage

Cakes
    Sherris Edible Designs

Hair and Makeup
    Joy Ross

Caterer:
    Southern Graces-Bethany
    Siglers

Let us know if you need anything else!
    "Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same."
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Palmetto Dunes Oct.1.2011.  I need some suggestions on affordable flowers, DJ, hair/make-up, photographer, rehearsal dinner venue, cake...

Is Hilton Head Entertainment good? Its difficult for me bc I live in TN... :) Any suggestions will be helpful.

Thanks.
  • Options
    kcpisanokcpisano member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i am using flowers by sue, sheri's edible design for our cake, Hilton Head Entertainment was great-that was such a tough choice for us bc we really liked Alan P., the one DJ. However we went with JLK events..hubby and wife..they are great!!
    I am gonna go with Joyous Occasions for hair and make up.
    Scott Moddy is so personable and reasonable..but we ended up with Mira Photography..we really clicked with Torrey...
    we have friends that live in HHI and they recommended all these people..if u need any more info, let me know :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dear KCPisano,
    You said you met with Scott Moody but went with someone else for photography.
    Would you mind sharing with me why you chose against him?
    I am getting married in September (destination) at Hilton Head and my wedding planner reccomended him to me. But I would like a bride's opinion.
    Thank you.
  • Options
    kittyharriskittyharris member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    getting married? check my website out

www.kittystouchofelegance.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ladies, all these recommendations have been SO helpful. We live in Bluffton and are just starting to plan our September 2012 wedding. We've lived here for 6 years and there's so many options that even us locals can't decide. This has all been so helpful.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Palmetto Dunes...The Dunes house venue is on the Beach and reception is also at the venue...The Flower Shop Bluffton is the place to get your flowers!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards