California-San Diego

Registering for Honeymoon????

Hello,

I heard of websites that you can use where your guests can send you money towards your honeymoon.  Anyone ever heard of this?  If so, what is the site and how did it work out?

Re: Registering for Honeymoon????

• edited December 2011
    I have heard of this, but I think it's kind of tacky. I mean a honeymoon isn't something you really should register. It's like asking your guest to pay for a vacation. My friends did it and I know they went through a travel agent you set up an account.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    We had 2 store registries, plus a honeymoon registry. My husband and I have already been living together for 5 years, so we didn't have a ton of stuff to ask for from stores. We wanted to go to Japan for our honeymoon, so the honeymoon registry is really helping us do that! We used www.honeyfund.com. It does not have any fees for you or your guests, which we liked. You can put whatever items and dollar amounts on it that you want, so it will fit any guest's budget. I have heard of other sites also, but don't know much about those.
  • edited December 2011
    I think it's a great idea really. Now so many people live together before they get married and you don't really need a new blender. I think i'm going to sign up for this because it's a great way for someone to help you with something you really want and you can go somewhere cool!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm going to do the same. I don't think its tacky at all. You should ask for what would be best for your situation, and I agree, some people don't need another mixer or Cuisinart.
  • edited December 2011

We had a traditional registry (Bed, Bath, and Beyond) and a honeymoon registry through www.honeyfund.com. As a PP said, there aren't any fees and it is easy to set up. In my culture, my family/relatives are accustomed to giving cash as gifts while DH's family is used to the traditional registry. So, I don't believe it's tacky to have a HM registry especially if your family is planning on giving you cash anyway.

• edited December 2011
    I don't think it's tacky either.  We are going to do the same thing and are looking for recommendations on a good site to register.  We have been living together for 4 years and we already have too much stuff!  A contribution to our Honeymoon is the greatest gift EVER :)  Happy planning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards