Plus-Sized
Options

A challenge - need a plus maternity BM dress

Hello everyone,

I haven't been on the Knot since I got married years ago! I'm writing because I am hoping one of you might be able to help. My friend is getting married this summer, and surprise, I am going to be 8 months pregnant! She has requested we wear black dresses, knee length , but no other restrictions. I am a good size 22 right now, no telling how big I will get, but I think I will for sure need a maternity dress. I have seen styles by Alfred Sung and Alfred Angelo online, but have not checked them at bridal shops. David's Bridal looks like they have advertised regular dresses that are "maternity appropriate" but I will be BIG by then, not sure that will cut it.

Have you seen any plus size maternity, or even just plus dresses you think would work for me? Thanks in advance!

Re: A challenge - need a plus maternity BM dress

• Options
    I know some dresses at David's go up to a size 30, so you should really be okay. Get a dress with a chiffon bottom or something along those lines so it has a little extra room to expand. even if you buy a long dress and have some of it chopped off, the seamstress can keep it a little longer to accomodate exta tummy room.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker pregnancy calendar baby development
  • Options
    Alfred Angelo 6471MA is available up to a size 28, 7002MA and 7015MA up to a size 30, and all are knee length and available in black.   If their bridesmaid dresses are sized like their bridal gowns, then an Alfred Angelo size 28 has room for *a lot* of belly, even when it's not a maternity gown.  (I'm not pregnant, but I am a very round apple.)  Maternity gowns will be more generous yet, so they will definitely be big enough.

You're looking for styles with an empire waist and either a generous A-line shape or soft, draping fabric.  If it has these, you may not even need a maternity-specific gown.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks, Ladies! We have a Davids and an Alfred Angelo store nearby. I will check those out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards