Wedding Invitations & Paper

DIY Invites - PIP

I have been working on these invites forever. While I don't love the font, I am still working on that. I can't figure out how to add glyphs. If you know how to do this, please let me know.

Anyway, here is what I have come up with. The flap is a doily that I spray painted black with gray. It is hard to see in person. Then, the invite is a metallic silver. I closed it with round crystal.

Thoughts? Love/hate the doily? Love/hate the font? Love/hate the crystal? Belly band instead of crystal? Please be brutally honest. Thanks!

What it will look like when you receive it...

When you open it...

The inside...omit the crystal when you look inside (I just flipped the doily around because I didn't spray it yet)

Re: DIY Invites - PIP

• tlc35tlc35 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Super cute!
  • Thats amazing, i may have to steal the idea for myself! ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2012

I'll be honest....one of the things I don't care for is seeing part of the wording of the invitation before the doily "flap" is even openend.  I also don't care for the black color choice of the doily....it just seems too dark.  Perhaps that's what you're going for with your wedding though?

Also, how is the crystal holding the doily closed?  Is it like a button or is it glued?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards