Louisiana-Baton Rouge

Bridal Shots at the State Capital

I was wondering if anyone knows if I need to book the time to take some bridal shots on the state capital grounds.  I want to take some shots there the morning of my wedding before heading to the ceremony.  Its on a Saturday, do I have to arrange this or can I just do it????

Re: Bridal Shots at the State Capital

• edited December 2011
    I would call them just to make sure.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    If you're talking about the new state capitol, you don't have to call.  The grounds are open to the public 24/7 and there is no fee for photography.

If you're talking about the old state capitol, call to make sure the gates will be open.  But there's no charge there either.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • SE+MBSE+MB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-baton-rouge_bridal-shots-state-capital?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:83Discussion:bc0a2e66-dcd5-41d6-9c04-9f15d6d93221Post:fd2af0cb-580b-4e7c-aaed-4ca326dcd088">Re: Bridal Shots at the State Capital</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you're talking about the new state capitol, you don't have to call.  The grounds are open to the public 24/7 and there is no fee for photography.<strong> If you're talking about the old state capitol, call to make sure the gates will be open.  But there's no charge there either.</strong>
    Posted by ShoeFanatic614[/QUOTE]

This is incorrect. I'm not sure when they are open BUT I know there is a charge. I think it's $100 but I'm not entirely sure. Call them and ask. I want to say they are closed on Saturdays.
  • SE+MBSE+MB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ^^ i'm talking about the old state capital. The new state capital grounds aren't locked. That's why I assume you are talking about the OSC with the stained glass and large oak trees. It looks like a castle.

New state capital is really tall.
  • edited December 2011
    I work for the Secretary of State's office and there is a charge to take photos INSIDE the Old State Capitol but there is no charge if you take photos OUTSIDE.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-baton-rouge_bridal-shots-state-capital?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:83Discussion:bc0a2e66-dcd5-41d6-9c04-9f15d6d93221Post:76ba3c99-4178-46e7-8930-641e1eff4335">Re: Bridal Shots at the State Capital</a>:
    [QUOTE]I work for the Secretary of State's office and there is a charge to take photos INSIDE the Old State Capitol but there is no charge if you take photos OUTSIDE.
    Posted by hibiskissmiss[/QUOTE]
    This is what I meant.  I just assumed the OP meant outside.  We took family pictures outside both with no problems.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards