Hawaii

Cake Disaster!!

Ok, not really, but I'm feeling slightly dramatic today.  So, we just e-mailed our cake person to find out where to send her deopsit, and she has just booked someone else for catering, so no go on cakes with her.  I've already looked into A Cake Life and Cake Works based on another post, but does anyone else have good suggestions for Honolulu??  Wanting a solid person since we can't do a tasting anymore.  Thanks ladies!!

ETA: Oh, and to those of you who did use A Cake Life or Cake Works, which flavours did you go wth again.  Were they tasty?  Did you do fondant or buttercream?

Re: Cake Disaster!!

• edited December 2011
    LOL.  No suggestions but I just wanted to post that this made me laugh.   :)  I was picturing all kinds of worst case scenarios as I was opening the thread, like a cake on the ground, or smashed with a first dance twirl gone wrong.  Hehe.
  • Oh Tanq, you make me laugh too.  :)

• I thought it was a cake falling too!     We used Cake Works, we had Strawberries and Cream for one layer and chocolate decadence for another.
  • We used cake works- buttercream frosting. Chocolate ganache layer & mocha macadamia nut layer. I might have a pic in my bio.
  • We used Kristin with A Cake Life, she's prompt & very sweet & easy to work with. We did a mini cake on top w/ 72 cupcakes. Flavors were red velvet, Yellow Butter cake with Lilikoi filling, & Yellow Butter cake with the Strawberries & cream filling. We were able to squeeze in a tasting w/ here when we arrived. We actually like the strawberries & cream w/ yellow cake so much that she allowed us to switch our mini cake to that, from our originial selection.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards