Students

Introduce Yourself :)

2»

Re: Introduce Yourself :)

• Hi there!
    My name is Lizz and I am currently *not* a student (oh no!). I am 22 and I just graduated with a BA in History and German, and am now living in Germany and teaching English on a Fulbright grant. I will be home in 6 months, and will begin an MA in Special Education. I've been engaged since May 2011, but because I moved to Germany in September we haven't started really planning our wedding yet. I am anxious to get home (6 months) to start working on that though :)

My fiance is a first year law student. He's 23. We met at university during our sophomore year and got engaged after graduation. Sometimes I think I'm crazy for moving overseas for a year during our engagement, but heyyy :) It's a crazy situation but it's provided some great experiences for both of us.

(also, I'm a little late to this thread, please forgive me!)
  • Hi I'm Jelaine. I'm at Florida State, he's at University of Florida and we are both pursuing our PHD's. We also both work full time.
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • I'm Chelsea, and my fiance is Jesse. I'm currently a junior, Sport Management major at Slippery Rock University in PA (a little over an hour north of Pittsburgh). My fiance graduated from SRU last summer and works in the Pittsburgh area. We got engaged the day after Thanksgiving 2011. We are planning on getting married in December of this year, before I have to go out and do my internship in January. Currently balancing a full semester, a job on campus, and planning. Doing good so far but semester is only in its second week.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • birdie1020--

That's really cool! Yay for more German-speakers on the board :) I live in Saarbrücken, (in Saarland) and really love it.  I hear Essen is really nice, but I haven't been out that way yet. If you haven't already, I hope you get to visit Germany again with your fiance sometime--that would be really fun. So I'm guessing your dad speaks German too?

tschüss :)
  • I post here from time to time, but I mostly spend my time on my local boards or the Nest's cooking boards.

I'm Yelle, a senior getting a B.S. in Event Management. I am also a hairstylist (while I am in school, to pay bills) and two days a week I intern at a museum on their events department. I really love working at the museum, I cannot wait for my events career to begin full time. I'll be graduated by the time we get married (May 4 2013) and my FI is in grad school doing concept art for video games and he will be done before the wedding too. This is a very busy time in our lives but we are managing to plan a wedding while we study!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hey, my name is Renée and I am a Biology major at Nipissing University in Ontario :) I'm 21 and getting married June 2nd, and will then be starting teacher's college next September.
    My FI's name is John, he is 28 and a master corporal in the Canadian Air Force. For the first year of our relationship he was deployed overseas in Afghanistan as an infantryman in the army at the time.
    He proposed this past Canada Day , however my dog was started by one of the fireworks and I got dragged away mid question! lol. I managed to come back and say yes :)

Happy planning!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • startled**
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited March 2012
    I'm Joanne, my FI's name is Alex. Like many of you, we're high school sweethearts too. :) We're in Michigan, and I go to Eastern Michigan University. I'm technically a Biology/Pre-Med major, but I've been struggling with stress and depression, and don't have the motivation to study so much, so I'm looking into other fields, my top choices being (bear with me, none of these relate to each other lol) psychology, hotel and restaurant management, and interior design. He currently goes to community college, not sure about his major, most likely psychology. We work together at McDonald's, and our wedding is in a little under two years from now! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards