South Asian Weddings

Need Time Filler For Guests Between Ceremonies

We are going to be having an Indian Ceremony followed by an American Ceremony. The problem is that there will be two to three hours in between and I dont want my guests to sit around in the hot July sun with nothing to do!!  What kind of fun games or activities can I have to keep our guests entertained?? I feel very stressed about this and have tried to google some ideas with no luck! Help!!

Re: Need Time Filler For Guests Between Ceremonies

• amberlynnedamberlynned member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

This is what we're doing.... I hope this helps. We are taking pics before to save time.

If this wont work for you, I've been to TONS of Indian weddings that break for a few hours.... Just have it at a hotel and your guests can go to their rooms 

(i copied it from Word so I apologize if the formatting is weird.)

5:00pm - 6:00pm      Indian Ceremony                    

6:00pm - 7:00pm      Cocktail Hour for guests while the BP changes dresses & tuxes

7:00pm - 7:30pm      American Ceremony

7:30pm - 11:00pm    Reception   

Creating Our Happily Ever After Countdown Ticker

Our Married Bio
  • couchmlcouchml member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm also putting in an hour for appetizers and such between my Hindu and Christian ceremony.  We'll have the DJ do some background music for this time.  There's a 3 block walk between the 2 venues, so that will also take up some time. 

I do have 2-3 hours after the Christian ceremony before the reception starts and I'm sending guests back to their hotels to change.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We have a two-hour gap between the ceremony in the afternoon and the reception in the early evening, and for the meantime we're just sending our guests back home.

This might not be helpful to you, depending on your guest situation. All of our guests are local except for one, and that one has family here. If you have a lot of OOTs, maybe give them an idea of what kinds of attractions your town has to offer - museums, art galleries, nature walks, etc. Send that in advance with the invitation so they can make any plans for the time they won't be at the wedding.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • shwethasrinshwethasrin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second His Beloved One's idea. We are also going to have about 2-3 hours between ceremonies. I figure people can stay back at the ceremony site for as long as they want and eat/mingle (we're having the Hindu ceremony at a temple community center) and then head back to their hotels. The Christian ceremony and reception are only a mile away from the hotel. You could include brochures, maps and information about local attractions in hotel welcome baskets.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards