Oklahoma

Where oh where has time gone (including me?)?

Happy Thanksgiving week ladies! I hope all of you are doing well and haven't started to go crazy as the time gets closer to your wedding day!

Anyways, I've been a bad Knottie for a while, but this semester has been killer, but it's almost over!!! If I have said I was going to email you pictures about Tres Seunos, did you receive the emails with the photos. I know I have been having internet and email issues for a about a month, lucky me. If you have not received those emails...please please please let me know.

(Warning, it gets long from here)

On another note, even though I'm not supposed to be planning per say during the semester, I just thought I would let everyone know some awesome stuff that happened last weekend!!!

While stopping by my aunt and uncle's house to drop my big digital camera off for my uncle to use, I rediscovered the fact that my uncle is the one who is storing my  paternal grandmother's dress from the 1950s. I had always wondered what had happened to it. Well my uncle pulls it out and I'm in awe of how beautiful it is, minus the fact that it has yellowed with age, the whole time I'm trying to keep the tears back because I never knew that grandmother because she died when I was a year and a half old. So it was amazing getting to touch something that was hers like that. Well my uncle being the kind of man he is, told me that if I wanted to wear her dress for some of my bridal pictures, that he would go and get it cleaned for me. I was escastic!!! And I love my uncle!!

As my Fi and I were driving home from my uncle's house, it dawned on me to recreate my gandmother's bridal portrait that I have and will display it at the wedding next to the original portrait. And as I was explaining that happenings of the afternoon to my mother and my plan for the dress, she told me that if I wanted to wear my grandmother's dress for the wedding instead of the one I have, she wouldn't care. I would love to wear it for the wedding, but I'm far too afraid that I would some how destroy it at the wedding dancing and it not be able to be repaired. And I also love my dress...simple, but me.

Oh, and I decided where I want to do my bridals!!! Even though I have about 10 months till I do them...lol. For those who are wondering where, I plan to do them in Guthrie, as I have grown extremely attached to the town due to my interning at the Oklahoma Territorial Museum this semester. On slate for locations are: the Carnegie Library (which is attached to the museum), in the streets of downtown Guthrie, railroad tracks quite possibily, the Scottish Rite Temple, the steps of the State Capital Publishing Museum, and then my aunt and uncle's property on the homestead east of Guthrie...

So that's what's been going on in a very large nutshell and bless those who made it through the entire post!! Kudos to you!

Re: Where oh where has time gone (including me?)?

• Krystal_22Krystal_22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello, new bride to be

My name is Krystal and I would like to help you on your journey to becoming a new bride. I am currently taking event planning classes and I am also doing wedding and events on a very low budget depending on location and number of guests to build my portfolio. I have lots of great ideas, so if your interested and would like to give it a try. Email me at misskcc23@gmail.com or check my website out for more info at www.kcevents.yolasite.com..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards