Ohio-Toledo
Options

Budget Vendors Help!

I was wondering if anyone could suggest any (good) vendors for a smaller budget. We are getting married about 45 minutes south-east of Toledo so I realize some might not travel that far or charge extra for the mileage. As of right now I feel I've found a few pretty cheap ones-my mother wants me to look around to make sure.

I found a caterer for $8.50 pp with 2 meat choices + 1.50 pp for non disposable dinnerware.

I am told this DJ around here does unlimited hours for $400-I'm not sure what's all included though.

Still looking for photographer, officiant, cake baker, limo, I think that's it-I'm having a block right now! But please let me know of the best prices you ladies have found! Thanks!

Re: Budget Vendors Help!

• Options
    catarntinacatarntina member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I liked my limo company. I used Birmingham Limo. The price seemed comparable to other companies.  We got champagne, a "just married" sign, and I think 4 hours of driving around.  He knew where everything was.  He took us to all the picture sites, and a couple bars.  I was pretty impressed with the limo service actually, and I'd use them again if I ever have a reason.  The driver was very professional and courteous, and the limo was extremely clean.

For my cake I used Brieschke's Bakery in Sylvania.  135 people, 3 tiers (3 flavors), delivered to my reception site was only $200.  Very cheap (Considering Eston's quoted me $500, and they would not put frosting flowers on my cake.  I didn't want real or plastic flowers, I wanted frosting).  It was very delicious, too.  Everyone said it was the best cake they had ever had.  That may be too far for them to travel.  I don't know.  Worth a phone call!
    ---------
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Childer's Limos is also very reasonably priced.

http://mycreativeconfections.com/weddingcakepricing.aspx

Here is the pricing to my cake baker.

What about a florist?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    akirkenakirken member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We are using Wixeys for our baker. However, we are doing cupcakes. I think they quoted us .85 per cupcake. I thought that was a deal.

There's a dj around here that charges $200 for 4 hours and $50 per additional hour, I'm not sure if that's the same dj that you are talking about or not.  Here is his website: http://www.200dollardjservice.com/ If thats not the dj you are talking about and find a different one, mind sharing? haha I'm still looking for a dj as well.

Hope that helps!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    cschuma2cschuma2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You didn't mention a florist, but if you're still looking for one... these come highly recommended and are very budget friendly.

Sharry's Touch (419-866-5045)
    Polynn Flowers  (419-474-3883)

Personally, I went with Sharry and was beyond thrilled.  We had 1 bride bouquet, 3 BM bouquets, 5 corsages, 6 bouts, 1 toss bouquet, petals to line our aisle, roses to give our parents during the ceremony, vases to hold our bouquets at the reception, and a birdcage card holder.  She delivered everything.  Our total was just under $300.

We found our photographer on craigslist.  We found a husband and wife that were starting their own photography business.  We had the two photographers with us for 8 hours and received all of the edited images on discs for $600.  It was kind of risky, but we were very happy with our pictures- especially for the price. The company that we used is more established and charges a little more than double that now, so I'm really no help.  I just wanted to point out that craigslist might be a good place to look.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    akirkenakirken member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh I would also suggest maybe calling a local college and seeing if a student would be interested in doing your photography. When I was in school in the art department, my teachers had emails about this all the time and students who were interested in that kind of work would do it. Just a thought. :]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kristy from the Bake Shop for cake!  Beautiful and cheap! : )

Also, I second Pollynn Flowers.  She's so creative, and also inexpensive!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the input ladies! I did forget about flowers! I'll be calling most of these places!
  • Options
    jkurczewskijkurczewski member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cathy with Captured Moments Photography is who I used for my wedding last month. Complete wedding $899. She has a Facebook page (search "Captured Moments Photography"). 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mary Poppins Cake Factory is out of Woodville. They did a cake for my sisters bridal shower and wedding and both were fantastic. My sister also used their chocolate and cheese fountains which went over really well. Jackie was there the whole time and made sure no little fingers went in the fountains and kept everything filled.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards