Favors

Candy Buffet

I want to do a candy buffet as part of my dessert, and a favor. I am having trouble finding containers/jars for the candy. Any ideas? I would prefer for them to be plastic if possible, as reception is outdoors, with lots of children running around.
Thanks!

Re: Candy Buffet

• Lots of posters have recommended TJ Max, etc because they have good sales.  If you have time, you could buy them one at a time w/ 40% coupons at Michaels (but I think they are all glass).  I bought mine all from another bride at once.  Check Craigslist?

• PeavyPeavy member
    5 Love Its First Comment

It's going to be difficult to find attractive containers that are plastic.  Pesonally, I wouldn't worry about glass containers.  Thrift stores and garage sales are a great source for inexpensive containers.

• I went to a wedding where they did this and it was super cute. They used thick, glass, glasses. They had a longer stem and were kind of ornate... They had a tag around the stem that said something about visiting the candy bar, and then filling up your glass again to take home and satisfy your sweet tooth later or something. I can take a pic of the glasses if you want, i still have a few.
  • In Response to Re:Candy Buffet:[QUOTE]I went to a wedding where they did this and it was super cute. They used thick, glass, glasses. They had a longer stem anhId were kind of ornate... They had a tag around the stem that said something about visiting the candy bar, and then filling up your glass again to take home and satisfy your sweet tooth later or something. I can take a pic of the glasses if you want, i still have a few. Posted by ksblumb[/QUOTE]

Thanks I would appreciate it!!
  • OrientalTrading.com has clear plastic containers for candy buffets. They are inexpensive, and they have a few examples of setups on the website. I have never seen the containers in person, so I can't tell you about the quality. HTH!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We had glass containers and children at our wedding.  Nothing broke.  They knew to be carefull around it and did their playing around on the dance floor.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards