Missouri-Kansas City

ouch!

I vented something on one of the other boards and got totally ripped apart! I talked about when I am at family stuff and someone asks me about wedding plans my cousin (who isn't engaged but dating) butts in and talks about her wedding plans. Personally I think that's rude and inconsiderate but I guess I was wrong.

The girls told me I was an asshole and sounded whiny. Eeeeek! I guess I sounded that way because I feel like that was the only way to get the point across.

Now I'm a little overcautious to post stuff in fear they will find me and eat my head lol

Re: ouch!

• edited February 2012
    I saw that and wow!  I mean you even it named it "Venting" so isn't whinning allowed?lol I thought you handled it very classy! 
  • Thanks Micaela! I have seen girls get ripped apart before and I feel so bad for them I comment something that is nice and actually helpful. Now I'm that girl!!
  • I was never a fan of any of those boards.  I've always stuck to my local board, Month board, theme board, and occasionally DIY.  It's hard when you have such a mix if people in one place!  Feel free to vent here any time that you'd like.  Everyone might not always agree, but no one is going to call you names!
  • I agree with all of this... The point of these boards is to get feedback about wedding specifics/issues/information, ect. And I feel like if a bride needs to do a little venting, there's nothing wrong with that! As far as your problem- Don't worry about what other people are saying about something that's annoying you, if it's bothering you then there's a reason for that! I would be a little peeved if someone was trying to steal my thunder too. Just remember you're the one engaged and it's your special time! No one can take that away from you! Just put a smile on your face :)
  • I agree with all of this... The point of these boards is to get feedback about wedding specifics/issues/information, ect. And I feel like if a bride needs to do a little venting, there's nothing wrong with that! As far as your problem- Don't worry about what other people are saying about something that's annoying you, if it's bothering you then there's a reason for that! I would be a little peeved if someone was trying to steal my thunder too. Just remember you're the one engaged and it's your special time! No one can take that away from you! Just put a smile on your face :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards