Connecticut

Is it too late to make a Venue Change

Need your advice Ladies

I have put down our deposit (3000) since 2008, since we were originally planning an August 2009 Wedding. They allowed us to change the date to 2010, however we have to pay for 250 ppl. Which back then sounded GREAT, however right now we will not have that many ppl in attendance. Also, the food was AWFUL they didn't have a tasting for us to try so when we did taste it after the deposit was down, we realized we HATED the food...It was very very bad, but we were willing to deal with it.

Now to 2009...

I came across the Holiday Inn which package offers us everything and more. We would essentially lose the 3000 we put down but save at least 6000 later on.

We would get a similar package, but have a wedding Planner, Cake, Floral Centerpieces, etc. and they will set it up as pictured below. The 1st place we would have had to order all the Linen bc they only had white.

Any suggestions. Sorry so Long

Re: Is it too late to make a Venue Change

• kgsmiles3kgsmiles3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011

When it really comes down to it, do want YOU want. If you guys can afford losing that $3k right now, but in the end save $6k then go for it.

I would look into and make sure you like the centerpieces they include in the package you are looking at. Also I would DEF make sure you LOVE the food at Holiday Inn before putting down another deposit.

GL! HTH

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • malissa033malissa033 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Mandy! Do what's right for you.. I don't think it's ever too late to change && seeing your #1 reason for changing is the food I would definitely change.

I know for myself good food was the highest priority on our list when booking our venue. It's the thing guests remember most about your wedding. The 2 things I always take/remember from a wedding is the food and the entertainment. I hate to say it but no-one really remembers the little touches, the centerpieces, favors, your colors etc. - they remember their meal (not to mention when they speak of your wedding that's probably the first thing they'll mention.. either they enjoyed the food or hated it - at least that 's the first thing I always hear about wedidngs).

If it was me I'd switch.... but that's providing that change in venue means better food!
  • Vikki2payVikki2pay member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with both, I would make sure you try the food before you put down another deposit.  I think the savings will make up for the lost deposit.
  • edited December 2011
    I also agree with Mandy, Malissa and Vikki.  Not being happy with the food is a HUGE thing not to be happy about.  It sounds like you'll be saving money in the long run anyway, so if I were you I'd go for it.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Couldn't agree anymore with the girls! Food & entertainment are key!!

Again do what you want & what makes you & your FI happy!

GL!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • starrbuk13starrbuk13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    fully agreed!
  • edited December 2011
    Totally agree with the girls. Every wedding I've been to people usually talk about the food. If it is what you want then do it since you are going to end up saving more money anyways. 
  • jenandcrisjenandcris member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree 100% with Malissa and the other girls. I think that food is the most important aspect of a wedding. If I felt that the venue's food sucked, I would definitely rather lose the $3k deposit than waste another $6k.

And the Holiday Inn sounds like it has a better package than the first venue anyway! GL!
    Married in Boston, MA: Nov 8, 2013.
    Me: 27. Him: 30. DD: >1.
    Vow Renewal in Beavercreek, OH: July 1, 2017.
  • kgsmiles3kgsmiles3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies for your words...

We are setting up a mtg. at the Holiday Inn today so we can make sure this is what's right for us. And we will make sure we get a food tasting done first.

You guys are Great!!! With wonderful words of Inspirations.

Thanks
  • edited December 2011
    Definitely make sure you LOVE the food before you switch. $3,000 is a lot of money to lose...will the venue at least refund some of your deposit if they can book that date with another couple? I know our venue would have given us back 50% if they could book the date.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards