New Jersey
Options

Brides who already got married at The Manor or those who have finalized menu...

Lets talk wine! My family are wine drinkers and someone asked me if we were going to have certain kinds (ie: pinot grigio, pinot noir, merlot, etc).  My answer was "of course!" My sister was just at a wedding there and she asked for pinot grigio at the bar and they told her they didn't have it.  Apparently there was only one white and one red option.  I haven't done my menu yet and Roman is on vacation so I am planning on speaking to him regarding this, but I was just curious.  What did everyone have as far as wine options?  I know they say table service of white and red wines so I didn't expect an option there, but to me, a premium bar would mean that I could get any kind of wine I wanted.  I'm wondering if there would be an extra charge that was never mentioned to upgrade wines.  Any help you can give would be great! TIA

Re: Brides who already got married at The Manor or those who have finalized menu...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    When we went for our final meeting we asked similar questions (ours were more about whiskeys, though).  They have tons of different drinks available, but because they have limited space out on the bars, if there are certain drinks you know your guests are going to request then just let them know ahead of time so they can have them out on the bar for your guests to see so that the barstaff doesn't have to go into the back to get their drinks.

I don't know about the specific wines they had, but I do know that if you have specific requests for drinks that they may not normally carry for event purposes (unrelated to their restaurant), all you have to do is ask them and they'll tell you whether or not they can provide it for your wedding (I know former Manor brides have done that with signature drinks and specialty beers). 

By the way, if you're interested in getting an answer right away, you could always talk to any of The Manor catering staff (Preston, Rolf, etc.) and then just confirm with Roman when he returns.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks and welcome back! I was thinking to myself that you would know this answer but wasn't sure when you'd be back on here.  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No prob!  :-)  Let me know if you have any other questions!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Warning - the last wedding I went to there, they poured the cheapest sparkling wine - Verdi.  You might want to ask about that  too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Verdi (which is also the go-to "champagne" for limo companies) isn't even wine - it's a malt beverage. So it's a closer relation to beer or Smirnoff Ice than actual champagne.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I guess I have nothing to worry about then because I love Verdi haha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards