New York-Western

bridal bouquet vs bridesmaid bouquet

Hi brides - maybe this is a stupid question but I'm honestly just not sure.  Are the bridal bouquet and bridesmaid bouquet supposed to match?  same colors?  same flowers?  or be totally different?  I had been planning on use bright fall colors for the bridesmaid flowers, but just got my dress and it's a lighter champagne color and think pale ivory/pale yellow will look better with it, but dull next to bridesmaids (wearing black)  How close in color and design are the bridal and bridesmaid bouquets normally?

Thanks!

Re: bridal bouquet vs bridesmaid bouquet

• StephyD216StephyD216 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's whatever you want when it comes to flowers IMO! Generally, bridesmaid bouquets are smaller (and less expensive) than the brides bouquet. I've seen them identical to the brides, and I've seen them different from the brides- I don't think there are any rules.

If you want an ivory bouquet for yourself and bright bouquets for the bridesmaids- go for it! I've seen it done plenty of times, and I'll be doing something very similar! You can make it match by maybe using some of the same flowers in different colors, or matching the color ribbon the bouquets are wrapped with.

Good luck! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest

image140 Invited
    image107 Ready to Party
    image33 Missing Out
  • edited December 2011
    Mine was Ivory and made up of different flowers. My girls had bunches of callas in burnt orange & cranberry.
    Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • L&J2012L&J2012 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My two bridesmaids (not including MOH) are carrying yellow mini calla lily bouquets. MOH is carrying a mix of white and yellow mini callas. I'm going to have some white mini callas in my bouquet, along with spray roses, hydrangea and delphinium. I liked the gradual progression of colors :)

But yes, bridesmaids bouquets are generally smaller than the brides'. I think giving them bright colors would look great with black dresses, and yours definitely doesn't have to match! Maybe you could get one of their flowers in a white/ivory to tie everything in.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • AeroStyleAeroStyle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours were very simalar. We used the same flowers but it different colors. Mine was cream hydrangia and pink roses. MOHs was smaller and had purple hydrangia (her dress was purple) and cream roses.
  • degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As everyone said all depends on what you want. I went with tulips, mine were ivory and the gals were purple. I thought about mixing purple into my bouquet for a long time but decided against in the end. Really thought there are no rules.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • snooks721snooks721 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours will be similar. I am having coral peonies with peach spray roses and hydrangea. My girls will just have the peach spray roses with hydrangea and another flower but I forgot!!! Hehe. But the colors will be similar. Theirs will be smaller in size too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • gymbugmj2kgymbugmj2k member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you can have whatever you want!  each girl can carry different flowers if that's your style.

Mine will all be similar, with my bouquet cascading and obviously larger.  theres a white open lilly surrounded by dark red/ivory roses and cascades of ivy and white orchids. little bit of baby's breath too.

the girls will have mostly red/ivory roses with babys breath and ivy

i thought i wanted my girls to be different from mine...but after awhile of discussing ideas..... i really dont care =P
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards