September 2013 Weddings
Options

Engagement photo excitement!

Just wanted to share that i'm SUPER excited for my engagement photos! I just got the "ok" from my dad that we can take them on his boat this September! He's going to take us out on the ocean so that Block Island is in the background of the shots (an island off of RI for those of you not from the area). I'm so pumped that he's ok with it! My MOH is also a photographer (and my FI's sister) so she is going to come out and take the photos. That being said, any suggestions on what to wear? And did anyone get their makeup done for theirs?

YAY! So excited!!

Re: Engagement photo excitement!

• Options
    That sounds awesome.  For me (I dont wear much makeup anyways) I would not waste the money on having someone do them for epics.  Plus if your out on the boat I think a more nateral look would be better IMO. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    mpicklmpickl member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    That sounds amazing! Would it be too much to go with a nautical theme? Blue and white stripes, maybe a splash of yellow, FI in some great boat shoes??

I am also getting my epics done in September. Here is my plan for makeup: I'm planning on purchasing some makeup that was recommended for me called Make Up For Ever HD, which is apparently supposed to be great for photos. I'm planning on using this for things like my showers, rehersal dinner, any event that is wedding related that there is bound to be lots of pictures. Sephora actually does a free makeup application if you purchase $50 in products (or something like that), so my plan is to go on the day of my epics, get the makeup done, and then purchase for the rest of my events. Even if it comes out badly, I'll have the supplies to do it on my own! There are a lot of "photo-ready" makeup lines out there right now, so I would say do some research and try to have an application done the day-of.
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Great ideas guys! Thanks so much!
  • Options
    Yes! Definitely nautical themed. Just go with primary colors and it will look awesome. Come back and AW them when you get the pics back because I've never seen engagement pics on a boat, and I think it's a great idea! 
  • Options
    Aww that sounds beautiful. I love Block Island!!
    ***February Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon Destination - Punta Cana!*** Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards