North Carolina-Outer Banks

Hatteras Island

What are the best and worst venues on Hatteras Island? Visiting this weekend and want to make sure I am checking out the right places. Thanks!!

Re: Hatteras Island

• There are not to many venues outside of event homes on Hatteras Island as far as I'm aware. What are you looking at?  The only ones I can think of are the new Beach Klub venue through Spa Koru, Inn on Pamlico Sound, and the Hatteras Civic/Community Center.  There are probably some restaurants as well that cater to weddings.  The Love Boat, which is an event home is pretty popular.  I got married in an oceanfront event home and don't really know the "best" and "worst venues.  I recommend checking out the ones you are interested in and going from there.  Have a great time!
    Laura & Dusty - September 7th, 2010!
    Hatteras, North Carolina
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    UPDATED 11/05/10 Lots of Wedding PICS!
    UPDATED 07/28/10 My Planning Bio Anniversary
  • We rented The Love Boat for a week for the wedding, and all wedding related events.  It was fabulous, and Spa Koru was wonderful to work with.  I hightly suggest trying to visit the Love Boat while in Hatteras.  They were finishing up the Beach  Klub at Spa Koru when we were down in early May, so that might be interesting to look into as well if you don't want to go the event home route.  
  • There are actually a lot of really great locations on Hatteras Island. I was married at an event home but there is also:   Affairs at Austin Creek in Hatteras village. They are on the wedding association website.  http://www.obxwa.com. The realty  companies on the island are a great place to start too.  I know Sun Realty, Midgett Realty and Hatteras Realty all have an event coordinator on staff who can help you find an event home based on your budget and preferences.   best of luck to you! being an island bride is so fun :)
  • Up until the past week we were set on The Love Boat.. They have fantastic reviews and Tatum is a pleasure to work with. We have recently decided to book at Inn on Pamlico Sound. The owner is an absolute pleasure and have made this process the easiest i could ask for, especially planning from Illinois. I have hear fantastic reviews about Affairs at Austin Creek as well. Good Luck :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards