Snarky Brides
Options

I would like to discuss gifts

In particular Christmas gifts.

I am starting to get a bunch of stuff I've ordered online for people. Now that H lives with me, the only place I can really hide his presents is in my closet. I think he knows that they are there, but I'm hoping that he has the willpower not to be a looky-loo. So:

Where do you hide your H/FI/dog/cat's presents?
Do you know where your H/FI/dog/cats hide your presents?
If so, do you sneak peeks?
How long do you keep your presents for others unwrapped before wrapping them?
Do you have a designated wrapping room?
Do you have a wrapping paper theme?
Have you ever played Parappa the Rapper?

Re: I would like to discuss gifts

• Options
    are we allowed to discuss this?  i heard there was another holiday before christmas in the US that we should all pay due respect to  ;)
  • Options
    I just put stuff in my nightstand or closet, my husband doesnt go in either. Though I might wrap his gift tonight since I just got it today, so that he cant see it because it is the best surprise ever. I normally just clear off the cofee table and wrap there. This year is a scandinavian looking red white and blue patterns from ikea (and white and silver mixed in for good measure), 3 selections for all gifts.
  • Options
    I have to get Tim's stuff at the last possible second because presents turn him into a 5 year old.
    imageimage
  • Options

But I'm thinking about Christmas NOW!!  I'm getting shipment confirmations and it's making sleighbells go off in my brain.

• Options
    Where do you hide your H/FI/dog/cat's presents? In my closet.. My FI is too scared of it to go in there.
    Do you know where your H/FI/dog/cats hide your presents? His parents house
    If so, do you sneak peeks? no I dont have the chance to
    How long do you keep your presents for others unwrapped before wrapping them?I have to wait till the tree is out for while and when FI is at work.. He likes to shake the gifts
    Do you have a designated wrapping room? the living room
    Do you have a wrapping paper theme? No just whatever is pretty
    Have you ever played Parappa the Rapper   I guess not
    Photobucket We're Married!!!!
  • Options
    Where do you hide your H/FI/dog/cat's presents? In one of my desk drawers at work.
    Do you know where your H/FI/dog/cats hide your presents? No idea.
    How long do you keep your presents for others unwrapped before wrapping them? For a while.  For H's stuff I bring it all home and then sequester myself in a bedroom with the gift wrap.
    Do you have a designated wrapping room? Nope, usually it occurs on the living room floor though.
    Do you have a wrapping paper theme? Not really.  Two years ago I won a big box of this awesome metallic wrapping paper at our office Christmas party that came from one of our aluminum suppliers.  That was the best wrapping paper ever.  I do, however, try to stick with different colours for different families so that we can easily identify which gifts have to come with us when we go different places.
    Have you ever played Parappa the Rapper? no, I must look into this.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ikea has the cutest Christmas stuff out this year. I bought the little Swedish Santa heads for my mom. And the stuffed weasels are back!
  • Options
    Where do you hide your H/FI/dog/cat's presents?
    - In my hope chest he thinks it only contains my wedding dress and various other girly sentimental things.

-in the closet in the office.

-nope.  I prefer to be surprised.

-Not long.  They all get wrapped as soon as we have a tree to put them under.

-nope.  living room floor.

-every year i pick a new really pretty 2-sided paper and then use that plus matching ribbon

-not since it came out
  • Options
    Where do you hide your H/FI/dog/cat's presents? Neither of us buy presents until after Thanksgiving when the tree is up. So as soon as we get them we wrap them and put them under there.

Do you know where your H/FI/dog/cats hide your presents? See above.

If so, do you sneak peeks? Can't or I might rip the wrappingpaper and FI checks.

How long do you keep your presents for others unwrapped before wrapping them? 10 minutes?

Do you have a designated wrapping room? Wherever the other person isn't.

Do you have a wrapping paper theme? Nope. Whatever I like.

Have you ever played Parappa the Rapper? Once or twice several years ago.
  • Options

Where do you hide your H/FI/dog/cat's presents? In my closet
    Do you know where your H/FI/dog/cats hide your presents? I guess in the closet in his man den
    If so, do you sneak peeks? No. I saw all of my birthday presents once when I was a kid, and it wasn't that fun to not be surprised.
    How long do you keep your presents for others unwrapped before wrapping them? I wait until my tree is up.
    Do you have a designated wrapping room? Yes, the guest bedroom.
    Do you have a wrapping paper theme? Last year's stuff bought at 80% off
    Have you ever played Parappa the Rapper? Kick Punch Chop, Duck Duck Turn.
  • Options
    Where do you hide your H/FI/dog/cat's presents? In my closet
    Do you know where your H/FI/dog/cats hide your presents? Probably in his closet. I do know that he had my e-ring for 7 months, and he had it in his shave/toiletry bag. Crazy man.
    If so, do you sneak peeks? No! I love surprises
    How long do you keep your presents for others unwrapped before wrapping them? I usually wrap them as soon as I get them. I'm a freak and love wrapping gifts. I'm BA at it too.
    Do you have a designated wrapping room? Ehh, just in the livingroom
    Do you have a wrapping paper theme? I usually use 3 or 4 different kinds- the theme is Christmas :P
    Have you ever played Parappa the Rapper?  No- what is this?
  • Options
    Where do you hide your H/FI/dog/cat's presents? Right now they're all wrapped and in with the other presents. He leaves them alone. The things I get in the mail I tell him are shirts or something stupid for me and he doesn't ask. He's good about presents, he leaves them alone.

He doesn't need to hide them, he doesn't buy until the day before usually. But if he does hide them, then I have no clue where they are.

If I knew, yes, I would.

Depends. If I have a lot to wrap, I do it all at once. Usually I wait until I have a handful of things before wrapping. But once I start, I have to wrap new gifts immediately.

No, just the floor in the living room.

Christmas? I have all types. Plain color, santa, goofy cartoon characters.

never heard of it.
  • Options
    I hate wrapping gifts. I have one roll of paper that I use until its gone and then I buy another. 

FI can surprise me with trips and stuff like that, but presents he gives me as soon as he gets them. i am the same way. The suspense kills me. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    So: Where do you hide your H/FI/dog/cat's presents?
    I bought BF a kitchenaid mixer.  Yes, sadly, that is what BF has wanted for over a year.  He's domesticated.  I came home and had my roommate hide it in her closet.  Anything that doesn't go to him is just put in my closet.
    Probably in his room. 
    No, his room is messy.  I don't go in there.  And my desire for a surprise greatly outweighs my curiosity.   
    I don't like pulling everything out multiple times, so I just wrap when I get a crapload of stuff. 
    Living room
    Different every year.  I love having really pretty bows and sparkly paper.  Last year was light blue, silver and white.  Year before that was hot pink, silver and white.  I could get paid to wrap, I'm pretty good at it.
    YES!  Now I have to go pull out the PS1....
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    ohwhynotohwhynot member
    First Comment
    edited November 2010
    Kick, Punch, it's all in the mind!  If you wanna test me, I'm sure you'll find . . . the things I'll teachya are sure to beatya, nevertheless you'll get a lesson from teacha!

H is under strict orders not to open any packages that may come in the mail.  The kids are still kind of clueless, but I hide their gifts (wrapped as soon as possible) in our closet or spare linen chest. 

No designated wrapping room or theme - I just wrapped everything on Wednesday because I was alone in the house.  I am the world's worst wrapper - it looks like a 3 year old did it.  Tape everywhere, uneven edges, smooshed up folds . .  just awful. 
  • Options
    LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited November 2010
    Where do you hide your H/FI/dog/cat's presents?  Anywhere upstairs - DH doesn't venture anywhere near the kids' rooms (it's scary).  Or sometimes I'll hide a gift at work.
    Do you know where your H/FI/dog/cats hide your presents?  Nope.
    If so, do you sneak peeks?  No.  I did that once when I was a child, and it completely ruined Christmas.  I don't peek.
    How long do you keep your presents for others unwrapped before wrapping them?  Usually not long.  I like to have wrapped gifts around.
    Do you have a designated wrapping room?  No - just the dining room table
    Do you have a wrapping paper theme?  No, but I used to have separate Santa paper when my girls were little so they would know I didn't wrap the gifts that came from Santa.  I kept it hidden.
    Have you ever played Parappa the Rapper?  Huh?
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Where do you hide your H/FI/dog/cat's presents? In the spare bedroom that my H has no interest being in
     Do you know where your H/FI/dog/cats hide your presents? Apparently, H has left  them out in plain sight, and I'm oblivous to the fact.
     If so, do you sneak peeks? No
    How long do you keep your presents for others unwrapped before wrapping them? Until Christmas Eve
     Do you have a designated wrapping room? Anywhere with enough floor space
     Do you have a wrapping paper theme? What vaguely Holiday/Christmas paper I can get my hands on
     Have you ever played Parappa the Rapper?No, but I have played Um Jammer Lammy
  • Options
    In Response to Re: I would like to discuss gifts:
    [QUOTE If so, do you sneak peeks?  No.  I did that once when I was a child, and it completely ruined Christmas.  I don't peek. Posted by LesPaul[/QUOTE]

Me, too!  And the worst part of it was, I saw something that I was all excited to be getting, and then on Christmas morning found out it was actually for my cousin.  Sadface.
  • Options

Also, (POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT!!) when and how did you find out that Santa wasn't real?

I was about 7 or 8 and I saw my parents setting up all of the "Santa presents" under the tree.

• Options
    I would like to discuss gifts too.  Who is sending me presents this year?  I've been a good girl, I promise Innocent

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_would-like-discuss-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:43925fa7-86f9-4dc8-a11a-581b7da0bfacPost:8dcc4939-1329-4030-9430-2374b3e7e73a">Re: I would like to discuss gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also, (POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT!!) when and how did you find out that Santa wasn't real? I was about 7 or 8 and I saw my parents setting up all of the "Santa presents" under the tree.
    Posted by zippityb[/QUOTE]

What do you mean, not real?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_would-like-discuss-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:43925fa7-86f9-4dc8-a11a-581b7da0bfacPost:0d9eee73-fcbf-4aeb-80b5-275b93157372">Re: I would like to discuss gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I would like to discuss gifts : What do you mean, not real?
    Posted by staceytaylor0704[/QUOTE]

Wait - what??  He is too real.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_would-like-discuss-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:43925fa7-86f9-4dc8-a11a-581b7da0bfacPost:8dcc4939-1329-4030-9430-2374b3e7e73a">Re: I would like to discuss gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]Also, (POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT!!) when and how did you find out that Santa wasn't real? I was about 7 or 8 and I saw my parents setting up all of the "Santa presents" under the tree.

When my uncle tried to dress up as Santa. 

Bad idea. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Y'all should have stopped at the spoiler alert.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_would-like-discuss-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:43925fa7-86f9-4dc8-a11a-581b7da0bfacPost:8dcc4939-1329-4030-9430-2374b3e7e73a">Re: I would like to discuss gifts</a>:

That's bull.  just because your heathen parents ticked off Santa enough for him to boycott your house, does not mean there is no santa.
    Not real my butt
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_would-like-discuss-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:43925fa7-86f9-4dc8-a11a-581b7da0bfacPost:970ba908-f5d2-4add-953e-c469b40890f0">Re: I would like to discuss gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]Y'all should have stopped at the spoiler alert.

Fuuudgety.
    Well, now you have my answer. JUST NOW is when I found out.
    :P

No really though, I was pretty young. I think I figured it out when my dad disappeared on Christmas Eve to "go shopping", and I heard my parents in the livingroom, so I snuck a peek and saw them wrapping gifts.
  • Options
    Further question: Did "Santa" wrap your gifts, or did he leave them under the tree, unwrapped. At my house, all the awesome badass presents were from Santa and were unwrapped.
  • Options
    Where do you hide your H/FI/dog/cat's presents?  I keep them in my car if I can until I wrap them.  
    Do you know where your H/FI/dog/cats hide your presents?  No, I think he keeps a lot of them at work so I can snoop.  
    If so, do you sneak peeks?  I would!  I'm a snooper.
    How long do you keep your presents for others unwrapped before wrapping them?  I wrap them right away, usually...mostly because I'm a last minute shoppers.  Oops!
    Do you have a designated wrapping room?  Anywhere I can get away from the cat and dog.  They like to "help"
    Do you have a wrapping paper theme?  No, whatever is prettiest, I guess.
    Have you ever played Parappa the Rapper?  Umm...huh?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_would-like-discuss-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:43925fa7-86f9-4dc8-a11a-581b7da0bfacPost:9c587cbe-5541-4c19-85dc-d2bfc755c888">Re: I would like to discuss gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]Further question: Did "Santa" wrap your gifts, or did he leave them under the tree, unwrapped. At my house, all the awesome badass presents were from Santa and were unwrapped.

No.  We opened family gifts on Christmas Eve, then Santa gifts and stockings came Christmas morning - unwrapped.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_would-like-discuss-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:43925fa7-86f9-4dc8-a11a-581b7da0bfacPost:9c587cbe-5541-4c19-85dc-d2bfc755c888">Re: I would like to discuss gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]Further question: Did "Santa" wrap your gifts, or did he leave them under the tree, unwrapped. At my house, all the awesome badass presents were from Santa and were unwrapped.

Santa has special wrapping paper that can only be manufactured in the North pole.  It's made of snowflakes and magic.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards