Destination Weddings Discussions

How early did you send out your STD's?

First of all I just want to say the first time I saw a post that said something about STD I was like WHAT??? STD's? Why would they talk about STD'S! But since then I guess I have become more educated in wedding lingo, I get it means Save the date now... haha...

ANYWAY, We are getting married in Spain, how early should I send out my save the dates? I know too early gets lost or something, I just want to give people plenty of time to save up money to come. When did you send out yours?

Re: How early did you send out your STD's?

• I just mailed mine today. So, 10 months in advance. But even up to a year is fine since people will have to go all the way to Spain!  Smile
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Spain sounds lovely. I agree with previous posts. We sent ours a year in advance. Then, you can send your invites at the traditional time.
  • We plan on sending ours out a year in advance as well. Once we book the resort and get our official date reserved, we will be ready to send them!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• We aimed for a year, but I took forever figuring out what I wanted them to look like and then designing and putting them together, so it was more like 10 months.
    Anniversary
  • Mine got sent about 8 months before the wedding.  This is mostly because I had some troubles firming up a date.  I had aimed for a year and this is when I started spreading the news by word of mouth.
    imageimageAnniversary
  • We let our immediate family and friends know by email and word of mouth as soon as we picked a date and location.  We sent out STDs in January - 7 months before the wedding - when we had a few more details picked out, like where we'd have our actual ceremony and reception and had reserved our accommodations.
  • We sent ours out 11 months in advance. As soon as we knew we had our wedding date booked, we ordered them and mailed them out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards