Ohio-Cleveland

Cost of photography

Does anyone have any insights as to the cost of a good photgrapher? My fiance have been meeting with a couple and have found that most of them charge $2k+. This seems a little high to me - what do you think? Any recommendations for a photographer that would cost less than 2k?  Thanks!

Re: Cost of photography

• We're paying about 1800. We're using Andy Fiala of AJF photography
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Starkamp photography works with you and some of the proceeds go to charity
  • We're using NIckie Schuler she's about $1895.
  • I think it depends on what is included with the packages.  We are using LaValle Digital Art out of Berea.  They take great pictures and have done other people's wedding that I know.   They have all sorts of packages but for ours we are paying 2880 which includes a ton but I know their basic package is about 1900
  • We are using Scott Duncan Photography from Elyria OH. (http://www.scottduncanphotography.com/#!weddings/vstc2=rates)  His rates vary from 1400-2000. If you don't need/want engagement photos, he will lower the price slightly. He's been very nice to work with so far. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm using Claire de Lune Photography. I'm getting their basic package that is $1495. I'll get the disk with all the pictures on it so I get to choose the editing and pictures that I want.
  • We are using Jessica Love Photography, she is located in columbus but I love her work. She doesn't charge for travel, she's great.. and she will def work with you.. I know you said under 2k, but you can change her wedding package. Ours is 2500 (  but it includes, engagement photos, 2 photographers at the wedding/recpetion, wedding book, CD of pics, budior photos, bridal phot and we added two books for each of our parents to have)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are also using Andy of AJF Photography and he is fantastic!  His most basic package includes a TON and he used to do professional work for my Mom when she worked in PR for the Ohio Turnpike.  He just recently revamped his website and has some great work up to look at.  Modern, fun and he's great with graphics to perfect the photos!
  • I am also using Andy Fiala of AJF Photography.  Like the other posts have mentioned he is fabulous!  He has an amazing personality that completely puts you at ease. 
    Also worth mentioning-he does accept Today's Bride Bridal Bucks so FI and I were able to save an additional $100 on our package.
    Here is a link to Bridal Bucks in case you have not heard of them throughout your planning: http://www.todaysbrideonline.com/bridalbucks/index.html
  • "Diapers & I Do's" Photography -- $850 for ~6hours. She's amazing! She did my engagement photos, check out some of her work! 

• We're paying about 1,700 with the second available package and engagement photos and are using AlvetinaPhotography. She has a cheaper package; however, we thought this package was worth the extra money because it is unlimited time on the day of. We also purchased the engagement photos through her, which I included in the cost above. She does the photography with her husband on the day of, so there are two photographers. While it's close to 2k, it is more than some companies offer since there are two photographers and unlimited time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards