Ohio-Cleveland
Options

Dress undergarments

Hi! Bought my dress at a trunk sale last July, am taking it to a seamstress for a fitting-suggestions are always helpful-and am not sure where to buy undergarments. My dress is strapless, corset back, with a dropped waist. Any suggestions of what/where/how. Do you think I need to bring my dress, or will a picture do? Wedding is August 14th...Thanks, appreciate any and all input!

Re: Dress undergarments

• Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wore a corset-style strapless (but had a halter strap added) and I just had the seamstress add cups to the top. It was plenty supportive for me (34C) so I didn't need anything else. Would that be an option for you?

If you are sure that you want to wear something, try the dept. stores first: Dillards, Nordstrom, Macys. I would either purchase the potential garments and try them on WITH the dress at home (returning what doesn't work) or bring the dress to try with them at the store. Trying on with the dress lets you know where edges/seams fall and how smoothly everything looks. If the back of your dress is low-cut in any way, certain top garments may not work.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    kmbeyerkmbeyer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What a great question.  I also have a strapless with a dropped waist and have been debating what to wear/do.  I feel like a corset would be too much and I hate strapless bras so I really like JKOhio's idea.  When is your fitting?  My wedding is in July and I haven't scheduled any yet!  Should I be?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards