Connecticut
Options

BRANFORD HOUSE BRIDES

I'm trying to get a general idea of what people are doing for set-up to weigh my options because  I have gone crazy thinking about this.  If it does not rain all will be easy and happy, but there is always that chance. So..if you're having or Had your wedding at the Branford House please respond to the questions below.

1) How many people invited? (or attended)?

2) where was your dancefloor?

3) caterer?

4) Tent rental company - which size tent?

5) ceremony on site or off?

6) Chairs used?

7) How many tables in each rooms: Main, East (office) West (veranda)?

Thanks for any helpful info ladies.

www.petanolucci.com

Re: BRANFORD HOUSE BRIDES

• Options

1) How many people invited? (or attended)?
    We're inviting 168, hoping for less than 150 to attend (space reasons, budget would be okay either way).

2) where was your dancefloor?

Still debating this - my Mom insists on the patio with a tent would be fine, but I'm worried about the uneven ground out there.  So I'm leaning towards having the dance floor in the room furthest away from the office and putting the food stations out under the tent... or some seating out under the tent and food stations in the room closest to the office.  It's still a work in progress!

3) caterer?
    Emily's Catering.  Seriously my favorite vendor.  Our food is amaaaaaazing!

4) Tent rental company - which size tent?
    30x30 by Connecticut Rental.  We're paying around $3000 for the tent and gold Chivari chairs and a few other small things.  They offer ones that go over the edge of the patio, and some that are inside.  My favorite tents were by Sperry's, but they're MUCH more expensive!

5) ceremony on site or off?
    On site, on the lawn.  It doesn't cost anything extra, and it's an absolutely beautiful view!

6) Chairs used?
    Connecticut Rental's gold chivari chairs.  I got a few estimates and negotiated them against each other so I could get my tent and chairs from the same vendor for simplicity sake.

7) How many tables in each rooms: Main, East (office) West (veranda)?
    There are 2 different sized tables - a few 7' tables and a bunch of 6' tables.  We plan to do a rectangular table by the main fireplace for bride & groom and our siblings (rather than a head table).  We think we can fit about 8 in the main room, and depending on our layout, the rest would either go in the room by the office or out on the patio.

Anniversary

• Options
    I have no helpful info but wanted to tell you that your wedding website is awesome!!
  • Options
    Agreed on the website, you should go into business! :)
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I went to a wedding at the Branford House last New Years Eve- it was all inside- so I can help a little. There were about 100 people. The room furthest to the left when you walk in was the food, drinks & candy buffet, middle room was tables and room to the right was dance floor. Much smaller than your wedding I think. What they did was have the ceremony in the dance floor room, then it changed over by removing chairs, etc after the ceremony. It was a bit crowded with all the tables in the main room, but we survived :)
  • Options

Apparently I"m having the same issues as every other bride there with the tent, no tent, what to put under the tent.  I do have an awesome layout though if anyone wants me to email it to them for planning table purposes.

Thanks on the website.  I would love to go into business, but I don't think the stress would be worth the few hundred dollars I could get.  Us brides can be a nightmare. :)

www.petanolucci.com
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_branford-house-brides-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:990f7988-9e6b-44a5-bd27-efb92014bb9aPost:a9438e80-95a8-4162-84f0-6eb01dde4de7">Re: BRANFORD HOUSE BRIDES</a>:
    [QUOTE]I went to a wedding at the Branford House last New Years Eve- it was all inside- so I can help a little. There were about 100 people. The room furthest to the left when you walk in was the food, drinks & candy buffet, middle room was tables and room to the right was dance floor. Much smaller than your wedding I think. What they did was have the ceremony in the dance floor room, then it changed over by removing chairs, etc after the ceremony. It was a bit crowded with all the tables in the main room, but we survived :)
    Posted by rswan412[/QUOTE]

so she had 100 people in the main room is what you are saying?  That is cramped.  I know that you can fit about 5 tables on the left side without coming into the fireplace area...8 in the far right room, but that is MAX and I believe 10 in the far left room.  We have invited about 180, but that list keeps growing as I'm sure you know, so I have some thinking to do.
    www.petanolucci.com
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_connecticut_branford-house-brides-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:65Discussion:990f7988-9e6b-44a5-bd27-efb92014bb9aPost:3a607e9d-99a2-4f82-9175-5e91d70c1b50">Re: BRANFORD HOUSE BRIDES</a>:
    [QUOTE]Apparently I"m having the same issues as every other bride there with the tent, no tent, what to put under the tent.  I do have an awesome layout though if anyone wants me to email it to them for planning table purposes. Thanks on the website.  I would love to go into business, but I don't think the stress would be worth the few hundred dollars I could get.  Us brides can be a nightmare. :)
    Posted by AVBarto[/QUOTE]

Hi,do you still have the layout plan?, if so I would love to see it
  • Options
    Hi Everyone!

I have officially booked my wedding date at the Branford House. I am inviting about 174 people but think my total will only be around 150ish. I am having trouble with how the seating chart should go. I don't want people to think they are second hand guests but there is simply no room for everyone in one room- Also i have no idea what to do about the dance floor. I am open to a tent outside on the grass with a dance floor, the front patio and the side room. If anyone has a layout they could share i would really appreciate it :)

Thank you ladies in advance and good luck in your planning!

-Danielle
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards