Hawaii

Kauai

We are thinking of going to Kauai for a few days after our Oahu wedding.  Does anyone have any suggestions on places to stay, which side of the island is best, things to do, etc.?

Re: Kauai

• What month are you going? We loved the north part of the island, its really green & rural but gorgeous! Poipu is more populated & drier. The north shore beaches are too rough in the winter generally. The kauai revealed book was glued to me during the trip, buy it or check it out. Definitely do a boat or helicopter tour of na pali!! Waimea canyon on the west side is really neat too. We stayed on the east side which was affordable & convienent but the east side beaches (some) are a bit strong for swimming. Queens bath, kee beach, secret beach, kaaa bike path, & hiking to the first na pali beach were highlights for us!
  • If you have the money to spend, I would stay somewhere on the North shore. I live on the South shore, sparklegirl84 is right, the Poipu is nice but crowded with tourists. I can give you more info if you tell me when you plan to travel here.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards