Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

Dj price

So I found a DJ that I have heard only great things about and I'm really excited to book him and work with him. He charges $400/hour. I have no clue what an average cost normally is. Can someone give me guidance. I hear getting a good DJ is worth it , just want to make sure I don't go overboard.

Re: Dj price

• I used SK Entertainment DJ. They charged me $300 for 6 hours. Our ceremony music and dance floor lighting was included! I have no idea why people are paying so much for DJs. SK Entertainment answered every phone call/ email I sent. They helped coordinate my wedding. They worked with my coordinator. Our DJ played every song we requested and all of my friends and family loved it! We were lucky and booked them 6 months before our wedding. My sister is getting married in January 2013. They are totally booked. Good luck.

Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_first-dance_dj-price?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:29Discussion:2372dc4d-e13c-451f-b018-3a88afb1d4d4Post:47d75abe-b3dd-46f0-9c5e-c96b09df54f0">Dj price</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I found a DJ that I have heard only great things about and I'm really excited to book him and work with him. He charges $400/hour. I have no clue what an average cost normally is. Can someone give me guidance. I hear getting a good DJ is worth it , just want to make sure I don't go overboard.
    Posted by kristenlink28[/QUOTE]
  • The simple fact is - your entertainmemnt can make or break your reception. You could serve filet mignon and lobster tail and have a lousy DJ and your guests will say your party was so-so. You could serve chicken fingers and tater tots and have an awesome DJ and your guests will say your party rocked !!! - Don't skimp on your entertainment. That being said, unless you are in NY, LA or Miami, you shouldn't be spending more than $1500 for a top notch DJ. Remember to get lots of references and ask what they didn't like about them.
  • I agree with PP -- the average I've seen is $1,500 in our area.  I'm sure in NY or LA it's probably more.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards