Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

First Dance

So our song that we've had for almost the whole six years we've been together is what I've always thought we'd use for our first dance.  The problem is that it's a little unconvential and doesn't really have a tune that's easy to dance to.  But it our song.  How could we go about dancing to it.  Would it be really out of place?  We also have another song that has always been important to us.  Still slightly unconvential but easier to dance to.  The first song is "Hands Down" by Dashboard Confessional and it always makes us happy and it reminds me of the first summer we were together and spent every minute together.  It's our true song.  The other song is "I'll Catch You" by The Get Up Kids.  We also love this song and it's very important to us but it's more like our 1A.  Here are some links to the videos.  There is also an electic and acoustic version of each of these.  Thanks!

Re: First Dance

• Options
    The 'Catch You' song is much easier to dance to. But if "Hands Down' is that important to you, and if you would really regret not using it for first dance, I think you should find a way to use it. Can you afford dance lessons? I think if you took lessons and told them the song you are trying to dance to, they would help you come up with something. Or, just keep dancing to it yourselves, come up with something, and practice a lot. If you can't figure out a groove before the reception, don't use it. The last thing you want is to look all confused and uncoordinated dancing to an unconventional song in front of everyone. Maybe you could use it for another part of the reception-- like the cake cutting
  • Options
    Also, found this version of 'Hands Down' in case you're interested:

• Options
    I've always liked the acoustic version of the song better than the original, it may be easier to dance to.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIhmsPB09xQ

And I've never heard the Vitamin String Quartet version, I love it!!!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    The cake cutting idea is a good one too.  This sort of idea came up at our DJ meeting last night too.  I just really wish we could dance to our song.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards