New York-New York City

Manhattan Penthouse

Hi all!

I just got engaged and have already started venue hunting. We're looking at Manhattan and New Jersey. Manhattan Penthouse is actually in the finally running at this point but I am hoping if someone can help alleviate my concerns.

1) Food during cocktail hour would only be passed hor d'oevres. This is obviously not as extravagant as a full blown cocktail hour with multiple stations, spreads, etc. that I would get in many other places. I am concerned that our guests would not be well fed (and get grumpy lol).

2) Will it seriously hold 185 guests comfortably (seated dinner)? More importantly, will it hold 185 guests comfortably during the cocktail hour in the smaller room? 

Any feedback will be extremely helpful, thanks all!

Re: Manhattan Penthouse

• Hi Honiedew! 

As someone whos been to the Manhattan Penthouse more than a couple times, I can't recommend it highly enough! Love that place! A bit out of my budget, but what're you going to do. 

From what i've had of their hors doeuvres, your guests will be more than satisfied. Theyve always been immaculate and delicious! i wish i could have some of those avocado cups now mmmmm.

the 2nd prt about the guests, i cant imagine you'd have an issue. Ive been to weddings with 200 people there before and its never felt crammed. But thats just my experience.

Good luck in making your decision!

-B
  • I had my wedding at Manhattan Penthouse in October.  I cannot say enough good things about the venue and particularly Monika, our point person there. 

We added a couple of stations to our cocktail hour (pasta and sushi), but even just the passed hors d'oevres was a lot of food.  Our guests seemed to really enjoy all of the food at cocktail hour.  The waitstaff did a great job of getting around to everyone in our cocktail hour.

We had about 165 people at our wedding.  The room felt full but it wasn't packed.  I think you could comfortably have 185.  When I met with them, they suggested no more than 190.  Thw cocktail hour room isn't huge and it definitely felt full, but it didn't feel cramped at all.  And that is considering we had a full sushi set up with a chef preparing sushi and a pasta station.

I really loved everything about Manhattan Penthouse.  I even found out from one of my guests that we ran out of Patron at our wedding (our group was big drinkers) and MPH immediately sent someone to the liquor store and replenished the bar.  Monika even found the guest who had requested the Patron at the bar earlier to let him know that they had Patron again.  They really took such amazing care of us and our guests.  I can't recommend them enough.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards