Pre-wedding Parties

Bachelorette guests and $$

Two friends have graciously offered to throw me a bachelorette party.  Although I am not helping to plan it and won't know a lot of details, they are running a few major things by me to make sure I'm generally OK with it.  I'm happy putting everything in their hands, but the one thing I'm concerned about is the cost and how the guests will be asked to contribute.

Right now, the idea is to get a hotel suite somewhere and have a grown-up "slumber party" by ordering in some takeout food, bringing our own drinks, watching movies, playing games, etc.  Which sounds awesome!  But unlike at a typical restaurant/bar bachelorette party, where everyone pays for their share right there, this would be something where the guests would have to reimburse the hostesses for the room and food, or else leave the two hostesses stuck with the entire bill.  Even though I don't think the overall cost will be higher than average for attending a bachelorette, this just seems icky because you have to tell people ahead of time what they'll be asked to spend.  I don't want any of the guests to be offended -- or worse, decide they won't come.  These are my bestest buddies!

So, our question is: does this plan seem rude, or am I worrying for nothing because it's not really any different than the usual restaurant/bar plan?

Re: Bachelorette guests and $$

• I think that sounds fine.  I've been to plenty of bachelorette parties where we either split a hotel room or even a limo, and the hosts let the guests know how much it will be (and ask if that is ok).

• I think the idea sounds fine but I'm confused why the girls planning the party can't get the money ahead of time. I really recommend getting it ahead of time because even if the girls have the best intentions to pay they might not have the money needed on them or maybe will just be so hungover the next day they forget. I guarantee if they don't pay ahead of time or that night, the girls planning the party will never see the money. It's also important they know the price up front so they can decide if it's something they can even afford to attend. If I was invited to a bachelorette party with no mention of the cost I would just assume it was covered by someone already (I did go to one in the past where someone used their rewards to get free hotel rooms and supplied the pizza so we didn't have to pay anything other than for our drinks).When I threw one for my sister I calculated the price for the hotel and some pizzas/drinks. The girls who I didn't see ahead of time just mailed me a check. I ended up with maybe $30 more than I needed so I just put it towards getting some games and prizes.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards