*6*

Tell me about your 4 loads of laundry.

How is this possible?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: *6*

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    2 darks, one lights, one sheets.  We do have an HE washer if that matters.  Dh gets one wear out of his work jeans and shirts.  He also uses one towel a day.  If not for that I'd cut out a load of darks too.
  • DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good grief.  I was thinking we should really do about 6 loads/week. One load for each of us, plus one of sheets or towels or both. (kids' towels go in with their clothes.)

And we have a pretty big washing machine.  I didn't realize this until I went back home and used my mom's. 

• edited December 2011

Once a week we have...

a load of whites that gets bleached and fosbric softner (shirts and socks)
    a load of whites - bleach only (the towels I use to wash my face)
    a load of blacks - fabric softner (mostly my clothes)
    a load of darks - fabric softner (jeans, and H's shirts)
    a load of lighter items - fabric softner (my nude colored camis, etc)
    a load of the bath towels - no bleah or softner
    a load of the sheets - softner, no bleach
    a load of the kitchen towels and napkins - no softner, bleah
    and then add anything we need to wash of the dogs or the towels we use if it is a week to give them a bath.

We do laundry about once a week, or on an as needed basis with the ktichen items.

• **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have no children, and I do at least 3 load/week.
  • loveshine1loveshine1 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I probably do about 6 to 8 loads per week, depending on what goes on that week.

DH's pants and buttondowns go to the dry cleaners. During the summer months, he wears more polos, so that increases the laundry.

My washer is average sized. I can't wait to get a big HE one.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    edited December 2011
    Good grief Min.  I put in soap.  In the winter I use half a dryer sheet.  I woudln't even know how to use that other stuff.

Unless I spill or get especially sweaty my clothes get worn twice.  I've finally convinced DH he can  wear non-work clothes more than once. 

6let does get new clothes every day, but it takes 2 weeks to make a load of his stuff so it goes in with ours.  I'm pushing the limits right now so I'm sure I'll have another load with baby girl.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    edited December 2011
    There is an extra load of darks when DH is on call.  He needs 2 extra pairs of jeans that week so he does a load on Friday.  I've tried to convince him we'd save money if he bout 2 more pairs of jeans.
  • edited December 2011
    6 - H has learned all of that, plus what needs to hang dry versus what can go in the dryer. I will NEVER leave him.
  • DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_6-37?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:cc072d82-a4b0-4f4e-a186-58dba6e0078aPost:79596b58-f87c-4dd5-a3ee-e6bde1644e3e">Re: *6*</a>:
    [QUOTE] a load of the kitchen towels and napkins - no softner, bleah and then add anything we need to wash of the dogs or the towels we use if it is a week to give them a bath.
    Posted by MinM[/QUOTE]

Wait.  YOU wash the dogs' bath towels with your kitchen towels? That you then turn around and use to dry dishes?! 

You're going to lose your germophobe OCD street cred, MIn.

• 6fsn6fsn member
    edited December 2011
    It's a good thing Mr. and Mrs. Min are smarties.  I'd need a flow sheet and  a bottle of scotch to do their laundry.
  • hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

wow.  i just separate by lights and darks.  clothes that are light AND dark get tossed in whatever load is slightly less full.

i hang dry about one load's work each week -- nylon, fleece, and other stuff that's practically dry once it comes out of the washer, and all wools.

• edited December 2011
    Oh lord no, DG. The dog towels, toys and beds all get their own turn in the wash, on the sanitary cycle.

and then add, as in add another load. ::wipes brow::

6 - There is this nifty little thing that opens on top of the washer where you add all of the different things. I can leave the detergent, softner, and bleach all sitting on the washer and open the flap and just dispense as needed.

Laundry is very important as you can see. This is why I fought hard for the fancier machine when we made this purchase.
  • **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't even separate lights and darks.  I clearly do it all wrong.  Harumph!
  • loveshine1loveshine1 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Each day, DH and I each have fresh PJs, plus whatever outfit we wore that day, plus workout clothes for me. And sometimes an extra pair of jeans or shorts if we go out to dinner and one of us changes bottoms before we go.

Towels are changed out twice a week, and sheets once.

Mr. Loverman gets fresh PJs and at least one outfit per day, depending on if he makes a mess or not. Plus bibs, burp cloths, washcloths and blankets get washed pretty regularly.
  • MrsMyrtleMrsMyrtle member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This reminds me that I need to do the laundry before I leave on Wednesday...
  • tawillerstawillers member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gah.  We have about 6-8 loads per week and you better believe I'm not sorting anything.

Towels and sheets don't get washed with clothes, but I don't sep lights and darks.  Throw it all in.  Also, DD gets her own load.  Her clothes are so small, they'd end up inside the other clothes and that'd just be a PITA.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards