Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Fatima's Hair Studio = No Hair Trial until 2 weeks before wedding?!

I went in to meet with the woman at Fatima's Hair and Design in Gloucester Ma (if anyone out there has EVER heard of them or been there, PLEASE let me know what you have seen or experienced, I can find NOTHING online) and the woman told me they wouldn't do a trial for hair or makeup until 2 weeks before the wedding...??? I was planning on doing one now to make sure I wanted to go with them, is that not common? Am I supposed to just hire them blind not knowing if they are good or not? The only reason I know of them is because my reception site recommended them. Anyone with any sort of advice on this or what you would do , PLEASE HELP!! Thanks!!

Re: Fatima's Hair Studio = No Hair Trial until 2 weeks before wedding?!

• Options
    I'm not from your area, but that is definitely not "normal" here by me.  In fact, I just got my first trial today and my wedding still 5 months away.  You are 100% right- you have to see if you like them and their work before deciding if you will hire them.  If you wait until two weeks before and decide you don't like them, it will be too late to do something else.

Also, if you can't find references or reviews online, that's usually my deal breaker.
  • Options
    Can you pay for a separate "up-do" before then, so you can see how they do?
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards