Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

deceased parent

Hey all!  Both of my parents are deceased, and they were divorced when I was very young so they weren't ever really together.  I really want to find a way to honor both of them at the ceremony.  Any suggestions?

Re: deceased parent

• Options
    I was at a wedding very recently that listed deceased family members in the program - and were noted as dearly missed, but with the bride and groom in spirit.  There was also a memorial vase on the altar.
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_customs-traditions_deceased-parent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:36Discussion:f871ac02-c021-42c0-a441-29fa486d87d8Post:d3bc0e4e-ac90-4cbd-ba04-eadfe632a656">Re: deceased parent</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was at a wedding very recently that listed deceased family members in the program - <strong>and were noted as dearly missed, but with the bride and groom in spirit.  </strong>There was also a memorial vase on the altar.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

We worded our program this way. You could also place a single rose or flower on the chairs where they would sit. What about asking the officiant to have a moment of silence as you remember them?
  • Options
    You might also consider putting their pictures in a locket and incorporating that into your bouquet as a way of having them with you as you walk down the aisle.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    I lost my Dad almost 9 yrs ago and this is what I did to honor him at the ceremony...(you could do something similar for your mom as well)

I had a chair in the front row with a sash tied on it, I found a picture and enlarged it to 8x10 and put it in a frame to set on his chair, after my Mom walked me down the aisle she said that "her fathter and I" gave me away, we hugged, i took a flower out of my bouquet (planned) and placed it on the chair for my dad, the officiant then offered a moment of silence in rememberance for all those family members who are there in spirit w/ us naming my dad especially and DH's grandmother who had just passed away
    imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards