Wedding Cakes & Food Forum
Options

7-UP cake.. (pros and cons)>? Any Bakers out there? Will that type of cake even work?

Ok so we are wanting to do a cake like in the picture. We are not too big on frosting or really regular cake in general, but we both LOVE 7-up cake!! Like reall moist and has that easy frosting on it. So we were wondering if we could do the 7-UP cake in the style of the picture. But I have been told 7-UP cake is too heavy for this type of style? ANY bakers out there have any tips?

We would have like a topping bar on the side too for ppl to top it with pineapple or strawberry etc....

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary

Re: 7-UP cake.. (pros and cons)>? Any Bakers out there? Will that type of cake even work?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am a baker/pastry chef specializing in cakes - with that being said, I have never done a cake in this manner for a wedding HOWEVER, as long as you have the right supports in the cake you shouldn't have too much trouble but DEF. go with someone who had successfully done it before or who is willing to do a full blown trial run for you!

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI's brother had this at his wedding and everyone LOVED it. There cake was shorter though, I could see the top tier being VERY heavy, but then again so is a lot of fondant on a cake (sp maybe?) so if it is well reinforced it could be fine. I would just ask you baker. They just gave theirs the recipe and it turned out wonderfully. 
    My baby Buster. FI is jealous cause I love him more.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic >
  • Options
    AbbeyS2011AbbeyS2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could put your layers on an illusion cake stand.  It has 3 cake plates that are fastened together by a rod that goes behind them.  You just set the layers on each tier.  Very sturdy and really pretty too.  When you look at it head on it looks like the tiers are floating.  I saw one at Michael's over the weekend. 

Then, you can have your 7 up cake and eat it too!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    MrsH8611MrsH8611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks girls! awesome ideas!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards