Michigan-Detroit
Options

Doing anything for Halloween?

Do you do anything at work for Halloween?  Are you passing out candy?  Watching movies?  Avoiding it all?

Re: Doing anything for Halloween?

• Options
    We normally get 500-600 kids coming through our neighborhood for Halloween. This year, however, I have a master's class that runs 5-8 (trick or treating is 5-7). I left it up to FI if he was going to do anything, and he didn't buy any candy, so... I guess we'll just be turning out the lights! Party on Friday to go to, though. We're dressing up as Duck Dynasty characters. :)
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    FI and I are both off work today so it is going to be nice to spend the day with him. We dont hand out candy, we live in a condo and it is all people our age or older people, the first year we lived here I was so excited and had tons of candy and I had 1 kid lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I live in a cruddy apartment so I won't be handing out candy. My only plans for tonight are to go to the gym for some body combat and then relax!
  • Options
    Our office manager planned a Halloween Murder Mystery dress up party for last Friday. It was fun, and I'm not one of those people who really enjoys dressing up at my age.

We were handed scripts, and the facts of the murder, and our characters each had an identity and costume that went with what our background stories were. We sat in a room and each of us got cards with 3 questions on them to ask the other characters, to assist in figuring out who the murderer was. I guessed wrong, LOL.

But, we did this while eating lunch (we have a small group, 7 people). It was fun, and like I said, something I generally wouldn't enjoy.

We sort of stopped giving out candy a couple of years ago. We live in a cul de sac and while there are a couple of houses with kids on our street, that's about it. Sort of makes me feel like a scrooge, but I take small bags to the neighborhood kids we know, and that's only 5 kids, LOL.
  • Options
    We passed out candy to all 25 or so that came by.  We live near a school so I thought we'd have a lot more but nope.  I'm bringing the extras to work tomorrow to donate it so I don't eat it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards