September 2012 Weddings

girls with glasses!

any ladies with glasses? to start off, i love my glasses. i love wearing them, i love them in general, i love how they look on my face. i only wear contacts when i go to the gym or at the beach (when i want to wear sunglasses!) but i'm starting to think about photos and if they would cause problems, as in with glares and such. i honestly can't see NOT wearing my glasses on my wedding day but i know a ton of married ladies who i've only known to wear glasses to have worn contacts on their wedding days.

your take on the subject? if you wear glasses, what do you plan on doing?
-kristine!

image 233 made the cut!
image 186 are ready to party!
image 47 are party poopers!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: girls with glasses!

• My fiance's brother got married yesterday. His new wife ALWAYS wears glasses (in 2.5 years I have never seen her without them), but wore contacts for the wedding, I'm pretty sure it was for aesthetic reasons in pictures and so it was one less thing to fiddle with through the day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Check out our wedding blog/site!

"Cause every time I try and tell her how I feel/ it comes out "I love you"
  • i haven't take a picture without my glasses in YEARS...like, probably 6 years. a big problem is that i think i look completely different without them. i'm glad i have some time to really think it through but i honestly think i'll stick with them for pictures. it's just a matter of if they'll cause problems with a glare and whatnot. generally, there isn't much glare in pictures with them but since i don't know much about photography, i don't know how they would come into play with the camera used for e-pics and wedding pics.

guess i just gotta really think about it more. thanks for your thoughts ladies! :)
    -kristine!

image 233 made the cut!
    image 186 are ready to party!
    image 47 are party poopers!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I work at a photography studio, and a good photographer can sometimes have the flashes set up to minimize the glare and if that doesn't work they can take it out during the editing process (you could actually remove it yourself with photoshop)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think you can do both. Take some pictures with them and without. Maybe after the ceremony and the photo shoot, put your glasses back on. If that's what you wear everyday you should gets some pictures with your glasses on, otherwise you'll look back at the pictures and think you look weird without your glasses. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards