Hawaii

Rain

Did it rain on anyone's big day??
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Rain

• Nope.  It was projected to, but we got lucky and the storm moved the day before.  Of course, I was pretty calm about that since the tsunami flooded our venue the week before, too. 

I remember it rained on Brittana's wedding for a bit.
  • We leave Thursday for Oahu and are getting married April 4 and it looks like it might rain :
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It was definitely forecasted to rain up until about 3 days before the wedding.  Try not to worry about it.  Even when it rains in Hawaii, it tends to be for short bursts and then things clear up into a beautiful day.  Do you have a backup plan -- tent, indoor site, etc/
  • One thing we were afraid of was rain. So we picked Oahu and the side of the island that gets the least amount of rain in June and what happened, we ended up with a passing shower right in the middle of our vows. Hawaiians loved it and called it a blessing. It actually turned out to be kind of magical and we also had two rainbows in our wedding photos. So you just never know. We are glad it did rain, briefly, and have great memories now.
  • edited March 2012
    Yes! It poured buckets just a few minutes after our ceremony. All the tables and linens got soaked so everyone started grabbing chairs and bringing them inside the rental house. We crowded around the big dinner table & couches. I didn't care at all by that point though because I was Married! I was in party mode! People say rain is good luck & a blessing so I suppose we'll be very blessed! Our wedding was on the windward side of oahu in august & its ironic because we live in rainy WA & chose HI partially to avoid rain! Eta: i refused to watch or pay attention to the weather since there was no stopping it & no sense in adding to my stress. I found out afterward that it was a tropical storm that we caught the tail end of.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_rain?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:7da68694-0701-4bc4-91a0-3a7af0f994d8Post:5de8d530-d33a-49bf-b45d-492ba9813f5a">Re: Rain</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes! It poured buckets just a few minutes after our ceremony. All the tables and linens got soaked so everyone started grabbing chairs and bringing them inside the rental house. We crowded around the big dinner table & couches. I didn't care at all by that point though because I was Married! I was in party mode! People say rain is good luck & a blessing so I suppose we'll be very blessed! Our wedding was on the windward side of oahu in august & its ironic because we live in rainy WA & chose HI partially to avoid rain! Eta: i<strong> refused to watch or pay attention to the weather since there was no stopping it & no sense in adding to my stress. I found out afterward that it was a tropical storm that we caught the tail end of.</strong>
    Posted by sparklegirl84[/QUOTE]

<div>This is so important! There's nothing you can do about it so just don't stress :)</div>
  • I agree with Heather (Sparkle), while we did not have rain I honestly didn't think about it because there was nothing I could do anyway.  We did have a clear top tent for dinner but it was rented as much for ambiance as it was for rain protection.  Just enjoy your day and whatever happens -  happens, at the end of the day you will still be married to your love! 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • We had a cloud sit on us (we were evelopped in mist for 5-10 minutes) during dinner... but it was actually nice to cool off a bit! I agree with the other ladies, there's no sense in stressing about the things you can't change.
  • Sprinkled on and off for the morning, all afternoon and night were beautiful and as soon as we left for the after party in the restaurant it poured for 5-10min. We missed it all!!

• Our island weather is so unpredictable that often you can't know what it will be like until it happens.  We have had a late winter this year, so rain has come later than usual.  Just have a Plan B.  If you're getting married in Waikiki, you will most likely be just fine.
  • I'm hoping for the best... We are getting married in Kapolei
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Kapolei is usually pretty dry - once its pouring out there you know its bad! lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We had blue skies but the day before our wedding Maui got a really bad one day storm ( RMontpass can vouch for this since it was her wedding day) and the rain and wind was brutal!!! But although it was raining at Olowalu for our rehearsal, I heard from RMontpass that it was dry further south where she was married! Go figure!
    We had ordered a tent for over the dining tables for rain protection, but ended up ordering another tent the night before our wedding for over the dance floor becuas we were worried sooo about the rain on our wedding day!! But luckily it never did rain phew!!! There is always a  risk when you have an outdoor reception/ceremony, I would tell any Hawaii bride getting married in the winter months to 100% have a rain back up plan just in case. I I If it had rained and we didnt have the tents, it would of been horrible, its so worth spending a little more on tents for peace of mind!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • there was a little rain during set-up which would have made all of our linen wet, but thankfully we did go with a tent as our WC recommended.   We got lucky and the weather cleared for ceremony and about 3/4 of reception,but then there was another light drizzle about the last 1/2 hour.   Considering that everyone spent so much to come to our wedding, we didn't want to take any chances.....and it is a good thing we did!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards