Alabama

Wedding Bugets

I was just wondering how much everyone in here is budgeting for their wedding or how much their final cost is/was? My fiance and I had hoped to stay around $7,000. However, after turning in the final headcount, we are spending $13,000. I was just wondering what others in the local area were spending. I had always intended upon a small wedding, personally, and never intended to spend the full $7,000 to start with. So, I was just wondering what was typical for the current brides?
**October 8, 2011**

Re: Wedding Bugets

• edited December 2011
    We were shooting for $15,000 for 150 people, but it looks like it will end up being more like $16- 17,000. 

If you go to www.costofwedding.com you can check out what the average is in your specific area... It looks like the average in Birmingham starts around $18,000.
  • edited December 2011
    food and venue space (riverside room for ceremony and ballroom for reception) for 175 people is running us about $2800. Plated meal catered by the resort. We're getting married at Lakepoint Resort in Eufaula. We chose this place because it was cheaper for everything instead of ceremony at church and then having to rent a reception area and find catering, etc. Granted, we still have to pay for decor and pics and cake, but the venue and food were the bulk of it.
  • edited December 2011
    FI and I are paying around $6500 of it ourselves, our original budget was $5000.  But we oversaved, so that's OK.  FMIL is a florist/caterer and doing our flowers and food for free, and I have no clue what the value of that really is.  Given that we're looking at 250-300 attendees, I'm guessing she's giving us a value of about $4000-5000.  Our venue is pretty much free - ceremony and reception are at our church.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards