Pennsylvania-Central

Help with Shower Invitees

Hi Everyone!

Quick question...do you invite everyone who should be invited to the bridal shower knowing full well they can't come?  All of my fiance's friends and family are from Texas so I know none of them will be able to come to my bridal shower.  It is in PA and the people who would come from TX are already paying for flights for the wedding.  So, do you still invite them as a formality so no one feels left out or do you not send them invitations b/c you don't want it to look like you're just asking for a gift.  Let me know what you all think!  

Re: Help with Shower Invitees

• Kaytee241Kaytee241 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's a tough one. Are you close with them? My bridal shower consisted mainly of my friends and the women from my family and my husband's immediate family (mother and sisters), but not from his extended family and friends (even though they lived close by). I think this might be standard (to invite mainly from the bride's side), though I don't know for sure how my hosts chose whom to invite.
  • edited December 2011
    I did my sister's bridal shower a few years ago and a lot of her husbands family was from SC or MA.  I sent invites to his grandparents and I think a few of his aunts he was close with, but I didn't invite most of the people from his family. I think it's really up to you if you want to send invites to some of the ones your close with, but I wouldn't send invites everyone.  I don't think people would be offended if you didn't send them an invite though either.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards