Connecticut
Options

DJ - After Hours vs Powerstation

Hi ladies,
I am trying to choose a DJ and have met with both After Hours and Powerstation. I liked them both and am having a hard time making a decision. They both seemed like they would be fun and do a great job keeping people dancing. After Hours includes more bonuses with their package but Powerstation seems more able to work with us on the price.
Any suggestions based on your experiences would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: DJ - After Hours vs Powerstation

• Options

After Hours was fantastic at the wedding I was at!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have heard great things about Powerstation and I have chosen them for my wedding in July. Haven't heard anything about After Hours.
    John & Christine - 7/14/2012 - Getting Married at the new Farmington Gardens! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We hired Powerstation...for our August Wedding..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I just booked a DJ and a photo booth from Powerstation and I'm so excited! 
  • Options
    I've said it before, I am not a fan of Powerstation.  You girls may be dealing with someone different than I did, but the guy I dealt with was great, but when it came time to make a decision and we decided not to go with him he was extremely rude and putting down our DJ after he admitted he doesn't know much about him.  For this reason, you will never hear me recommend him.  I don't know much about After Hours though.
  • Options
    To make it even, I've heard not-so-great things about After Hours (my girlfriend met with them for her wedding, and she wasn't impressed. When I was wedding planning, he never showed up to our meeting we'd made).
  • Options
    Todd from Powerstation was our DJ, and we loved it!  He was very easy to work with and the music for our reception was great!
  • Options
    Loved loved loved After Hours....had a great experience.  Peter had everyone dancing the whole night!! 
  • Options
    We are using After Hours for our DJ and Photobooth. A few family friends used them for their weddings and they were great! When we met with them we were very impressed!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you everyone so much for your feedback! I appreciate it - I don't know how to choose because it sounds like both will be great! I'll have to get the FI involved to see what he thinks too. Thanks again!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    one other question - for those of you who have used After Hours, did they negotiate with price at all or did they stick to their package price? Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We also met with both.  We decided to go with After Hours after meeting with them and reading all the reviews on both of them on Weddingwire.com.  Power Station offered to reduced their price also for us.  But they were charging extra for other items that we needed that After Hours inculded in their price.  That just raised a red flag for my FI.  A friend also said that they charged extra if you wanted them to have a backup system at your wedding.  Good luck with your final choice. S/N
  • Options
    I'm using Powerstation for June! Extra bonus point for me because they do all sound equipment and everything for the CT Whale!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards