North Carolina-Outer Banks

Pricing for Open Bar?

Hey guys,

I'm getting quoted around $25 for just a beer/wine open bar per person -

at all of your venues you've chosen, what are you guys getting charged - approx - per head for your open bars?  please let me know because i'm going to try to negotiate a little bit.

Any former pearl brides have any input here?

Re: Pricing for Open Bar?

• I received about the same from different caterers.  We're at the Budleigh though and are BYOBing.
    image June 22, 2012
  • Thanks for the input! :)  I think we tried for the Budleigh but something didn't work out.. 
  • Anna- is that a billed by consumption bar, or a flat fee per person? At our wedding at the Sanderling, we've elected to go with beer, wine and a signature drink, we were quoted at $20 on average per person. Just a side note, wine is included in our package during dinner and after dinner, just not the cocktail reception. That price is an average by consumption. If that's a flat fee per person, I would select to go the by consumption route, because you may have some people who won't drink at all, and some people who will drink more.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • They do bill by consumption.  The avg. of $25 per person is basing off of choosing two reds and two whites, and Stella ($5 per beer); assuming each person on average has 5 drinks. 

I didn't like that pricing very much, but they seem firm on their bottle list pricing, so we'll just go with cheaper wine I suppose..
  • Ok, if that's based on consumption then it seems high... especially for no liquor.  Through Argyles I know that I was quoted $25 (per head - not consumption) and it included beer, wine, liquor, and all soft drinks, mixers, etc.
    image June 22, 2012
  • Ours does include mixers, but it's $4 just for bottom shelf per drink for liquor.
  • Do you have to go through your venue to do alcohol?
  • I believe so yes, but that's actually a good question, LOL!! 
  • We don't, so we are saving SO much money there.  Actually, my sister is throwing us a stock the bar party, so I feel really good about it.  Alcohol can be so expensive. 
  • We supplied the alcohol and our caterer supplied the bartenders and mixers @ $6.50 per person.

Bar Service & Set-ups

Ice, Bar Fruit, Juices, Mixers, Sodas, Bottled Water,

Sweet & Dry Vermouths, Lime Juice, Grenadine & Coolers

Coffee, Lemonade, Iced Tea

$6.50 ++ per person

*Client Provides All Beer, Wine and / or Liquor*

• Sorry I just now saw this.  We spent about $35 per person for our open bar without any restrictions.  Looking at the receipt it was a mix of wine, beer, and whiskey mostly. That was for about 2 hours.
    06.24.11 OBX, NC
    Planning Bio
    Married Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards