Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Skin Product Recommendations!

Hi ladies,

So I have sensitive, break out prone problematic skin with some hyperpigmentation after a break out (thanks to hormonal issues).  I am the kind of girl that experiments at Sephora and has tried a number of high end products to try to get my skin clearer and more even.  I am willing to splurge on skin care and save in other areas as it is a problem and important to me.  I recently got a facial for the first time and they used Dermalogica products on me.  I purchased some and I LOVE them so far!!! The special cleansing gel which is actually good for all skin types (though Im not sure Id use it on dry skin) has been fantastic at deep cleansing my pores and keeping my skin calm and clear.  But even better is their daily microfoliant--which is a powder exfoliant (again for all skin types) that you make a paste out of in your hands with a little water and massage into your skin for a minute.  It is safe enough to use daily but I use it every other day and it is amazing so far!!! Skin is clearer,smoother, brighter, more even toned and some of the dark spots are fading fast!  I just wanted to share this with other ladies who may be struggling with skin woes and hope it works for someone else too.  I am someone who's tried many skin care lines (and the clarisonic which I'm not a fan of for sensitive acne prone skin) and I really recommend this one if you're willing to splurge in this area!

Re: Skin Product Recommendations!

• Options
    As a skin consultant, it is best that you stray away from products that treat both skin types. You would want one that just treats your specific type, i.e normal/dry and combination to oily skin. A product that is Phenomenal is Artistry. They sponsor the Miss America pageants and all of the ladies use it during and continue to do so after. Don't want to seem life I'm being rude but I thought I share :.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_skin-product-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:358Discussion:32141158-abaa-498f-ab45-db694671f413Post:3f0cd04f-2735-408b-8d94-796b8d6ac400">Re:Skin Product Recommendations!</a>:
    [QUOTE]As a skin consultant, it is best that you stray away from products that treat both skin types. You would want one that just treats your specific type, i.e normal/dry and combination to oily skin. A product that is Phenomenal is Artistry. They sponsor the Miss America pageants and all of the ladies use it during and continue to do so after. Don't want to seem life I'm being rude but I thought I share :.
    Posted by Mara619[/QUOTE]

While I appreciate the input, I disagree after much trial and error with my own skin.  Much of the products made for oily and acne prone skin just end up drying out your skin and perpetuating the cycle.  I also use products specifically for my skin type (ie sulfur/clay mask 2x a week), but a cleanser should be more basic and exfoliation is for everyone.  The exfoliator also has salicylic acid in it, which is great for oily/combo skin.  You just adjust to how often you use it based on your skin type.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards