North Carolina
Options

good monday morning!

hi! hope everyone had a great weekend!

i found out my dress is in! my mom and i are going next weekend to "verify" that what came in is what i ordered. also finalizing BM dresses/shoes and previewing some tuxes for FI.

anyways, i am traveling all next week for work, so this week should fly by! it will be hard to be away from FI, but getting out of the office for a whole week is a major plus!
image122 Made the list!
image 89 Are ready to party!
image 11 Will be missing out!
image 22 Can't find the mailbox!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: good monday morning!

• Options
    pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good morning!

We got a lot of WR loose ends tied up this weekend, so I'm feeling alright about what's left to do.  That all may change by the end of the week.

Hope everyone has a great Monday!
  • Options
    meredithl618meredithl618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good morning girls! 

Yay, Sarah, that's so exciting about your dress being in! Mary, you're getting so close!!

I just found out that our wedding was featured on  White Thread this weekend! I'm so excited!. If you haven't been before, check it out, it's a planning site/blog with inspiration for NC/SC brides! http://www.white-thread.com/
  • Options
    CJ4578CJ4578 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Meredith that's so exciting! Definitely a great blog post, I just took a look. :)

Yay Sarah your dress is in! I remember wanting to run down to Charlotte as soon as mine was in but having to wait a month. I was thinking it was going to be so long (10 months) before I could wear it and I wanted to wear it right then... of course the time has flown by so it was okay. ;)

Mary you are really close! I'm glad everything is coming together!

I was at a wedding this weekend of one of my college friends, and all the girls there (as well as the bride) are coming to my wedding in a month. It was really fun to be able to relax with them and just "be a guest," because I know I won't have as much time to spend laughing with them at my own reception. Plus her wedding was gorgeous, and so much fun! My bridesmaid and her baby also came down for the wedding- that baby is TOO adorable. And she was an angel for the whole reception!

Now on to my busiest week at work all year...
    -- C
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Beth0882Beth0882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning!  I had my last bridal shower Saturday -- for the most part itwas fun.  FMIL of course barely talked to me or my mom, but instead talked to her sister; they talked all the way through the present opening, and several people made comments to me later about how rude that was, so at least I know its not just me overreacting!  A few friends who drovein from out of town stayed with me Sat. night so we went out for a while, and it was fun.  FI had gone back to Statesville for his 10 year HS reunion, so it was a fun girls night.

Running into my first vendor issues with the wedding, but hopefully things will wrk out.  The tux place is driving me crazy and so is our cake baker.  Knock on wood -- if that is all I have to deal with though, it will be happy. 

Hope everyone has a good week!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What's the tux place's issue, Beth?
  • Options
    Beth0882Beth0882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_good-monday-morning-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:115Discussion:4b0dc31a-e901-4f81-854a-529a88adb011Post:53cfd754-afaa-452e-b677-75ec016b97d8">Re: good monday morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]What's the tux place's issue, Beth?
    Posted by pirategal03[/QUOTE]

I only lookd at Mens Wearhouse and Jos. A Bank because they were national 6/8 guys that need tuxes are out of state or at least not in Greensboro.  I chose Jos A Bank because theire selection in our colors were larger, and they had the same policies as MW...that the people not in GSO could go to ANY Jos. A Bank store in the country, get measured, pay their deposti or for the tux, and decide if they wanted to pick their tux up at that store on Thurs. or pick it up at the GSO store on Friday. 

Now, my cousin in Knoxville and our Best Man in Winston-Salem have been told that the stores there are franchised and don't rent tuxes, so they can't pick up their tuxes there and have to call measurements into the GSO store and pay the GSO store, and have to pick the tuxes up at the GSO store.  The TN stores wouldn't even measue him, <strong>they offered to sell him a tux instead</strong>.  He had to go to Mens Wearhouse to get measured, and then have my mom take them into the store here and pay the deposit.  In W-S at least they measured the guy.  So now my cousin from TN has to arrange to arrive in GSO a lot earlier on Friday than he planned to get the tux and be sure there is enough time to make any alterations.  The other guys are in Charlotte, Chapel Hill and Statesville, so they will likely have the same problems and have to come into town earlier than planned. 

I plan on going to the GSO store at lunch to see if they will give these guys a discount now that they are having to do a whole lot more on top of paying the rental fee, and they apparently gave me completely wrong information.  We wuld have gone with MW for sure (b/c they do it the way I was told this othe rplace did) even with the smaller selection they had if I thought that the guys couldn't just go to their local branches of the store!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's very annoying.  Hopefully you can work out something. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Morning ladies....final countdown has begun....YAAAYYYY!!!  As we speak, we are printing the programs.  We've got a few more things to take care of this week, but hopefully it will all pan out for the best.  The nerves have kicked in to full blast now...eeekkk!

Leigh Anne & Billy
    *October 2nd, 2010*
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    SassyPants150SassyPants150 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Leigh Anne - Wahoo!  Good luck and enjoy the last week...it will zoom by I promise! =)

Beth -  That's unbelievable!  We used MW because it was the easiest for all of our GM since they were spread all over the place.  Franchises should definitely be on the same page with all locations...oy!

Just a busy day of feeling like I've gotten nothing accomplished so far.  I went to the grocery store this morning and finally tackled the pantry and food cabinets.  They were a mess!  Those are finally neat and organized.  I have a few other projects to work on now....the garage needs to be done so that we can get our shelving put up and I have an accounting midterm on Thursday. 

Good news is I'm back in the kitchen!  I posted some appetizers I've done over the last few weeks on the blog and I am making a Spicy Shrimp Casserole tonight.  Can't wait to see how it turns out! =)

Hope everyone had a great Monday!

Favorite thing about fall...Florida Football!

What's cookin'? BFP: May 16, 2011 DD born January 19, 2012 | Chart BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary imageBabyName Ticker

• Options
    Beth0882Beth0882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_good-monday-morning-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:115Discussion:4b0dc31a-e901-4f81-854a-529a88adb011Post:bf73c7a6-314b-469d-8737-65aee3eddb77">Re: good monday morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE] Good news is I'm back in the kitchen!  I posted some appetizers I've done over the last few weeks on the blog and I am making a Spicy Shrimp Casserole tonight.  Can't wait to see how it turns out! =) Hope everyone had a great Monday!
    Posted by SassyPants150[/QUOTE]

Will have to check your blog out again soon -- every recipe we've tried from there so far has been asuccess :)  This week we planned our menu around the gifts we got from our shower. Last night was chef's salad so I could play with the Slap Chop (which is my new favorite thing in the world!) and today we did a big roast in our new crockpot! Friday will be pancakes and bacon for dinner so we can use our new griddle pan :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love seeing all of the tickers go down! A few of you are so close - I can't imagine all of the emotions you're going through!
    June 2011 Siggy Challenge "Can't Live Without It" Snack
    Breyers Mint Chocolate Chip
    Lucky I'm in love with my best friend!
    June 4, 2011 Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards