Florida-North Florida
Options

Xmas over, now focused on wedding

Hi ladies! Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season. I am now focusing in on getting some serious planning going.

How about you all? Where is everyone at and what are they working on now for the wedding?

For me it's still the venue, but Davids is having a great sale this week so I may be doing some dress shopping this week. They have some great deals on bridesmaids dresses, and since I offered to buy my girls their dresses I have to snag a deal. I just find their bridesmaid dresses kind of boring... I am hoping they have their new spring line in, since they are advertising it.
As for venues, I am going to spend this next week looking and trying to narrow down what I want.

Also I am trying to decide if hiring a wedding planner is worth it...my budget isn't huge so I am trying to weight the pros and cons... I just don't know what they do that I can't do myself? Anyone have any thoughts on that???

Re: Xmas over, now focused on wedding

• Options
    babyblues1186babyblues1186 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So I'll be starting on invitations soon, within the next week or two. printing, addressing, and sending his families out (Long distance).

Going to Davids?  That's where i got my dress, got any styles you're already loving?
  • Options
    clseale13clseale13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have fun dress shopping. I have my first fitting on Tuesday, I finally went out and bought shoes right before Christmas.

I'm in the middle of invitation assembly chaos...but the plan is to get them in the mail on the 4th. They've been a pain, but I'm so happy w/how they turned out.

I realized today that I'm in severe denial with how quickly the wedding is approaching. I have a million vendors to contact and the holidays are really throwing me off. I was looking at all of my contracts today and said, "I have to pay the florist 50% when we're 3 months out.....CRAP! We're 2 months and 3 weeks out!." lol...I'll be calling them tomorrow.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    lifeizbeachylifeizbeachy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     Below are the dresses I am considering, all very different, but I don't think I will know until I try them on and see how they look on me. I am so very pear shaped. I of course am hoping to lose some weight but don't want to count on it.  I am shying away from strapless because I don't have the boobs to hold it up and I don't want to be tugging it up all day like the bride at the last wedding I attended.

CMB321
    SRL9503
    CT203 ~  I love the color of this one, not crazy about the poofiness of the bottom.
     CWG324

I am calling to make an appointment today, yeah!
  • Options
    toblave13toblave13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Those are all really pretty. They're all really different too so it seems like you're really open to different styles. Based on being a pear shape, I'd say you may not like the second one and last one on as much as the others. I'm an hourglass shape, but I tried on dresses similar to the second and fourth and didn't like the way they fell over my hips. However, I ended up buying an Oleg Cassini dress from DB and LOVE it. It looks like it should weight a ton but it's actually super light. I got my dress the day after Christmas last year so I also got a great deal. Good luck!
    imageDaisypath Graduation tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    toblave13toblave13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    To clarify, just because you may not like them on doesn't mean you shouldn't try them on. I ended up buying a dress that I didn't want to try on!
    imageDaisypath Graduation tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am looking at a variety of styles because I know they will look so different on me. I was in love with one designers dresses but all the models were 6' rails, and I realized it was the models that made them look great but they would look so different on my 5'1" pudgy, pear shaped body...   LOL
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    These are 2 more I just found that I like, but I really won't know til I try them on. Sometimes I think this might hide my big bottom but it makes it look even bigger.  I am not really that fat but being so short makes me look wider. I think my biggest challenge will be my flat chest area...

SWG341
    CT318
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards