Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

2nd reception-invite wording?

My fiance and I have opted to have a small ceremony and reception in my hometown in May, then have another reception in June in his hometown so neither of our huge extended families have to travel. How would I go about the wording for the 2nd reception invitation since we will already share a last name?

**Before you go and give me advice on how to change the plans my fiance and our families have decided on, or tell me I can't wear my dress again, PLEASE just answer my question about wording an invitation for a post-wedding reception. Thanks!

Re: 2nd reception-invite wording?

• Options
    I wouldn't call it a reception, but rather a post-wedding celebration. The reception is for those attending the event. If you're sending the invites before the wedding, you could word it something like this:

Jane Marie Thomas
    &
    John Paul Jones
    are pleased to announce
    they are to be married
    on DATE at LOCATION.

You are invited to join them
    in celebration of their marriage
    on DATE
    TIME
    Would it be possible to invite EVERYONE to the wedding in your hometown and then include an insert for those in his hometown that says something like, "We will be having a wedding celebration on XYZ date time whatever in XYZ place." That way people could travel for the actual ceremony if they'd like to, but they'll know they don't have to as there will be another opportunity to celebrate.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker whatshouldwecallweddings.tumblr.com
  • Options
    futuremalyutafuturemalyuta member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2013
    I would go with the first response, that you write "SO and SO are pleased to announce they are married.  Please join us in celebration on ....."

Also, I think it is very thoughtful that you are hosting this for people that may not have the luxury to travel. 

Good luck & Congrats! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards