Kentucky

Buffalo Trace??

Does anyone have any insight on a wedding ceremony/reception at Buffalo Trace in Frankfort?  The online pictures are nice, but I am looking for some first hand experiences.

Many Thanks :)

Re: Buffalo Trace??

• MattoxMillerMattoxMiller member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We looked at Buffalo Trace, but we aren't going to have our reception there. It'e really cute, log cabin feel...and the grounds are really pretty. You can use your own caterer which is nice, and the rental isn't bad ($1,000 I think?).  We didn't look into it any further because we are in Lexington and we felt that was too far for our guests to drive from the ceremony here to the reception.

One of my co workers daughters was married there and he said it was awesome. Everyone had a great time. 

Hope this helps a bit!
  • edited December 2011

We had our wedding there.  The ceremony was in the lawn and the reception was in the  upstairs part of the cabin.  It was tight with 230 people (we had some tables outside along the porch).

The staff is easy to work with and very helpful, they allowed us to set somethings up the day before and much earlier than the rental stated.

Everyone loved it and we had a great time. It saved us a TON of money being able to use our own caterer and bringing our own alcohol. 

I can send you some pics for ideas if you wish!

HTH!! Good luck!

• arcook02arcook02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    KyCountryGirl15 - Can you send me some pics?

I am having my wedding there in July. Its really hard to get a date there in the good weather months.
  • kayd11kayd11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having our reception there in May.  So far the staff has been so nice and helpful, and we love rustic look of the clubhouse. 

KyGirl, I would love to see some pics too!
  • edited December 2011
    Kygirl!  I'd love some pics, too.  Buffalo trace is one of the places we have on our list for our ceremony/reception!  
    Follow Me on Pinterest Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married there in October and I'd love to see some pics as well!  I've had such a hard time finding pictures of weddings there. I'd love to know how other people arranged an outdoor ceremony, how they used the space on the first and second floors and what color combinations worked well. Its such a unique venue, which I love, but its hard to look at pictures of weddings at more traditional venues and imagine how those colors and flowers would look. I'd also love to know who you used for food, flowers, etc. Could you send any and all information to me at tracyknight1@gmail.com?

For the bride considering having a wedding there, the coordinators at Buffalo Trace have been extremely nice and helpful.  Weddings aren't their bread and butter so they're very laid back about what you can and cannot do.  If you're looking for a unique, Kentucky venue at a very reasonable price then this is it!

Tracy
  • edited December 2011
    Kim and Kay YGPM
    Tracy YGM!!
    Good Luck Ladies!!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Buffalo Trace in November.  I was a lot like you, I thought the pictures online looked really nice but it was still hard to tell.  Once I visited it in person I fell in love! It's a beautiful venue and if you're considering it, I would def. recommend checking it out in person.  Another nice bonus is that if you decide to have the ceremony and reception there, while you go take pictures after the ceremony, they will give your guests (whoever wants to) a tour of the distillery.  
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I would love to see some pics too!  I'm considering BT for a June wedding, 2012.
  • edited December 2011
    I just booked this venue for our wedding next July!  Love this place.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Anniversary
  • We're planning to have our wedding at Buffalo Trace in October 2012.  The only problem is that our guest list is around 250.  I'd estimate 170-180 will come.  The event director said that with tables, chairs, and dancefloor the 2nd floor of the clubhouse will seat 120-130 comfortably.  Now I'm trying to decide what to do and would love any suggestions!
  • I have been looking at this venue, but my dad is in a wheelchair.  Does anyone know if this is a handicap friendly venue?  Also, do they have any additional charges for chairs, tables, etc.?  

Thanks!! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • They have an elevator, its not really big but can accomodate a few people at a time.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_kentucky_buffalo-trace?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:86Discussion:fe052673-d7a0-407e-a023-12ccffbc77a9Post:8a712b4c-f9c9-4dfa-83fa-c84b9b38ed24">Re: Buffalo Trace??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have been looking at this venue, but my dad is in a wheelchair.  Does anyone know if this is a handicap friendly venue?  Also, do they have any additional charges for chairs, tables, etc.?   Thanks!! 
    Posted by hollylwilson[/QUOTE]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards