Ohio-Cleveland

Budget Wedding - Outdoor Locations

I am looking for an outdoor location for both the ceremony and reception, in Northeast, Ohio.  I want it simple and low cost. I am not from the area, and everywhere I look up has a list of vendors thatt you have to use.   I want to be able to bring my own food, decoations, etc.  I thought of the metro parks, but they have so many rules and regulations, from no chairs, no alocohol, etc, that it seems just too hard there. I am looking at Patterson Fruit Farm this weekend, but am looking for other ideas as well.

Re: Budget Wedding - Outdoor Locations

• nsegristnsegrist member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and the list is probably around 150.  And I love trees!

Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    Bain Cabin in fairview is nice. its secluded, its got the cabin and a huge gazebo and nice stone work. its surrounded by trees etc. it provides table and chairs. you bring your own food and drinks etc. you can reserve it from 8 am to 5 pm or 5 pm till midnight. its around $200 or $250.
  • edited December 2011
    Bain Cabin is also no alcohol (but metroparks are not-   drinks have to be in cups in the metroparks).  
    BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
  • ayamm1123ayamm1123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    http://www.clevelandcatering.com/halls.html
    This site has a great starter list that details venues, pricing, capacity  and alcohol permitted. Hope this gives you more options. 
  • skomaraskomara member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also planning an outdoor wedding in NE ohio.  We are looking in two options that we love so far that fit our budget:  Wineries and renting a vacation home that has a large enough yard to have our reception at.  The vacation home is our favorite idea, we can get a decently priced place (in comparison to other venues) and we have a place we and our WP can crash after a night of drinking!  We are having our ceremony on our honeymoon, so we dont need the extra space for that, but there are a few decently priced vacation homes with large private yards.  There is my DREAM location, its a home called eagle isle in sandusky.  It looks like a house in the hamptons and it is on lake erie.  They want $1000/night for it though... im trying to talk them into giving me a deal :)  doubt it though... so we have other places we are going to look at.
  • edited December 2011
    Here are some of the places we're looking at (summer 2011 ceremony / reception):
    - The Glidden House (University Circle)
    - The Shoreby Club  (Brahtenahl)
    - Rocky River Memorial Hall
    - Nicholson House (Lakewood)
    - Western Reserve Historical Society (they rent the gardens, etc)
    - Bass Lake Inn
    - The Inn of Chagrin Falls
    - Cleveland City Club (great rates for reception -- but is indoors)
    - The Holden Arboretum
    - Eagle Isle
    - Stan Hywett Hall (Akron)
    - Cleveland Botanical Gardens (ceremony only - reception is $$$)
    - Park Lane Villa Ballroom
    - Lakehouse Inn

I'd LOVE other creative ideas / suggestions!
  • lia619lia619 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having our ceremony in the Cultural Gardens in Cleveland, not too expensive and the gardens are already beautiful so not many decorations needed! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards