Missouri-Kansas City

Bridesmaids Dresses

Hi everyone, this is my first post, but I thought someone on here might be able to help me out. The majority of my bridesmaid are plus size, and all are a bit nervous about dress shopping. I was wondering if anyone knew of a place around the KC area that specializes in formal plus size dresses or a place that works well with plus size. I want them all the have a good experience and not be uncomfortable about dress shopping. Thanks for any help you all have to offer it is very appreciated!!!    Smile

Re: Bridesmaids Dresses

• OpiesladyOpieslady member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think I've heard somewhere that GroupUSA has a good selection of bridal gowns, I'm assuming the same would hold true for BM dresses.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I would try David's Bridal if you want sample dresses for them to try on. Otherwise, most dresses can be ordered up to size 30 but we found the the other bridal stores only have 1 color and 1 size of each dress.
    BabyName Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • aegrishaegrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I 2nd David's Bridal.  My wedding consultant there told me they are the go to store for plus sizes.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks...I appreciate the help...we were thinking of going to Davids Bridal!!!
  • edited December 2011
    We just ordered dresses from Nordstrom and it worked perfectly!!!

Going to try on BM dresses was a little disappointing b/c they only have 1 size/style as others have mentioned.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    DB for sure. I went dress shopping with my girls and one was plus size and the others where not but all the other shops had nothing she could try on and i felt horrible. Once we got to DB we started to really have fun bc everyon one could try on dresses
  • KittyW11KittyW11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Alfred Angelo has a lot of really beautiful dresses in various styles, of course, and some would be gorgeous on plus size girls. There's no extra charge for plus size dresses from AA, which is fantastic, IMO. I'd check out Gown Gallery downtown or another carrier of AA and take a look. I don't know what size your ladies will need but almost all samples of dresses that we saw were double-digits at least. And still beautiful!! I highly recommend AA. Also there are currently 4 dresses that are only $99, which rocks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards