Gothic Weddings
Options

Topic of the Day: Unique Weding Ideas

What are you doing that is making your wedding unique to you and your FI?

Or if you're already married, post pics of something that you did that not only stood out, but had your guests saying "This really is them!".

Re: Topic of the Day: Unique Weding Ideas

• Options

Our cake topper---I love different things and it is a collectible.  People thought it was so me...not sure much Shane, but he liked it as well.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Well, even though there are other people with similar taste in wedding attire as us, everyone says that my gown and FH's attire is definitely "us". I also really love our wine bottle labels and the little ideas we keep coming up with for vintage/antique items that we find. I really love our little birds nest ring pillow idea. Some people might be slightly offended by a few things that we do, but we don't really give a hoot about that. I think everything that we have found so far is either really elegant or really fun! The thing I love most about this board in particular is the creative and untraditional ideas that everyone comes up with. It's an honor to have such an awesome group to share ideas with.

OMG, I just realized there's a freakin' spelling check thingy on here now....
    Visit Gothic.weddings.com
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_gothic-weddings_topic-of-day-unique-weding-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:673Discussion:94d37d8d-7b19-4690-8b54-14b9a92ecd93Post:688c3eee-017b-4a8b-ab96-4fbbf82695a6">Re: Topic of the Day: Unique Weding Ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, even though there are other people with similar taste in wedding attire as us, everyone says that my gown and FH's attire is definitely "us". I also really love our wine bottle labels and the little ideas we keep coming up with for vintage/antique items that we find. I really love our little birds nest ring pillow idea. Some people might be slightly offended by a few things that we do, but we don't really give a hoot about that. I think everything that we have found so far is either really elegant or really fun! <strong><u>The thing I love most about this board in particular is the creative and untraditional ideas that everyone comes up with. It's an honor to have such an awesome group to share ideas with.</u></strong> OMG, I just realized there's a freakin' spelling check thingy on here now....
    Posted by DivineWillowMama[/QUOTE]

I AGREE!!  It's also feels like the smallest board too--but I love that because it's like nice to feel like I know who is posting and things like that.  The other boards get so big and you feel like you become someone in the background.  Sorry---just wanted to say you were right :)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think our wedding was all about the details, so there are a bunch I could mention, but I think one of my favorite ones that was unique to our wedding were our "break the ice" buttons. We made these 1 inch buttons with cheeky little sayings on them and had them up at the bar. We didn't have a traditional wedding where people would sit at tables and talk, so we wanted a way for people to approach each other - and the buttons were a huge success! There's a pic in my Mrs. bio under "details" but I have a blog post about them as well.
  • Options
    We have an awesome idea of dried flowers instead of live or fake ones! and our center pieces being skeleton hands holding the dried flowers! AAAH!! SO EXCITING!!! But don't tell anyone! IT's a surprise!!
  • Options

my FH runs a sideshow so we are doing a Circus theme and we are using a friends REAL Unicorn as our ringbear... and tieing the rings to its horn don't know about the flowergirl... maybe our puppy?? what do you think??

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards