Louisiana-Baton Rouge

A wedding in a small town with a small budget.

My fiance and I are getting married on Feb 26th, 2011 in Crowley, La but we can't seem to find a receiption hall and caterier that's inexpensive.  Yeah they have places in town like the Rec. Dept. hall but it would take alot of decorations and I'm not the most savy designer and I'm not sure how much it would run us. We're looking for a beautiful but reasonable place to have the receiption and mostly someone who won't charge an arm and a leg for food and drinks.  Does anyone have any suggestions on a place that is unique are a wedding planer that could help us work things out w/ our low budget? 

Re: A wedding in a small town with a small budget.

• KaylaO2010KaylaO2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Kristenwood they're pretty cheap.  I've been to several weddings there and they were all very nice, and the food was good, too.

14025 Greenwell Springs Road
    Greenwell Spgs, LA 70739-3303
    (225) 262-1829

I'm getting married at the Gatehouse, but my package is costing around $4,000, not sure if that's out of your price range or not, but it's very inclusive.  This cost includes wedding cake, ceremony and reception, food and drinks, dj music, and you would only need a few decorations it already looks really nice.  It also includes Laura, the coordinator, and she is just so helpful!  Very into details.  Hope this helps!
  • maxgyrl00maxgyrl00 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I know someone that can decorate that rec center pretty reasonably.  I got married at a BREC rec center and she did a really great job.  My colors were latte & champagne and she provided, tablecloths, chair covers sashes, runners and centerpieces, she also decorated with ferns and columns.  I can email you her name and number if you like, just call her and tell her how many guests and your colors and she will let you know her costs.  She does catering as well but my father in law took care of that for us.  my email is mzz kendra at hot mail dott com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards